Senior Structural Engineer
- Rate TBD
- Location Vaughan, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Designing & Media, Specialized Help, Writing/Translation 3D Modeling / AutoCad, Engineering, Organizational Structure, Translation: English
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vaughan ON
We´re expanding our offices, looking for an individual who takes pride in projects they work on, both large and small, and who can help us maintain our high level of service offering.
The successful candidate will be working closely with our Sr. Project Managers and Engineers, to ensure consistent, consolidated and leading-edge service across the portfolio of projects serviced. We are passionate about our work and strive to provide our clients with the utmost in service when it comes to quality and timeliness of our product.
The primary duties of the Senior Structural Engineer include providing and leading conceptual designs at the early stages of the project, and developing these into high quality detailed design products. The selected individual will be required to perform complex calculations, as well as reviewing calculations, conducting design drawing reviews, and overseeing and/or participating in field investigations as necessary. Project work for this role will involve engineering design and/or review of reinforced concrete, reinforced masonry and steel structural frames for underground and above grade structures, slabs, retaining walls and foundations. You will be seasoned in preparing technical structural specifications, work procedures, and the selection of materials and their respective sizes.
You will independently develop and coordinate the work of the project’s structural design team throughout the design development/contract documents and construction phases of a project. Utilizing structural modeling software for analysis, and being able to interpret the output data for the development of structural design.
Working within established project budgets and schedules
Prepare specifications, contract documents, studies and engineering progress reports;
Reviewing project documents for technical accuracy and competency;
Ensuring design conforms with all applicable codes, by-laws and client standards;
Travel to the construction sites to conduct structural inspections and prepare reports.
· Bachelors Civil/Structural Engineering
· Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario, and with a good standing with the PEO
· Minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible and applicable experience in structural analysis, and design of reinforced concrete and steel structures or directly related activities utilizing the required technical skills
· Well-developed ability to communicate technical information effectively through delivery of presentations of work and projects to clients and stakeholders
· Demonstrated excellent written and verbal English communication and grammar skills with specific proficiency in effectively communicating complex engineering issues internally and externally. The ability and previous experience in the preparation of written technical documents, such as condition assessment reports, pre-design reports, design briefing reports, presentations, studies, technical proposals and specifications is essential
· The ability and previous experience in the preparation of written technical documents, such as condition assessment reports, pre-design reports, design briefing reports, presentations, studies, technical proposals and specifications is essential
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SAP2000, ETABS
· Well organized, self-directed work habits with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and schedule tasks managing multiple assignments simultaneously.
-September 7, 2020