Construction Project Coordinator
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Cost Reduction, Engineering, Organizational Structure, Risk Management, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
In the Position of Construction Project Coordinator / Estimator
1. Partner with Project Manager to support the tendering, estimating, setup and close of construction projects; lead the coordination and tracking of all required project documentation.
2. Lead the timely preparation, compilation and distribution of project manager approved tender documents to sub contractors; assist in tracking and compilation of tender quotes/estimates.
3. Review shop drawings/samples/submittals received from subcontractors and forward to architect/consultant for approval.
4. Observing and reporting results of site meetings
5. Reviews contract documents, drawings and specifications to determine the projects overall requirements.
6. Completes full quantity take-off of all labor, equipment, and materials for construction projects.
7. Reviews all bids, performs bid evaluation, and selects the best trade contractor pricing.
8. Provide support to project managers when requested.
9. Follow office protocols for project start-up, document preparation and filing.
10. Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as required.
1. Post secondary education in engineering, construction management, or equivalent working experience. Min of 2yrs experience within a corporate environment
2. Working construction experience in all phases of a project is an asset.
3. Ability to read construction drawings and specification
4. Knowledge of different construction methods, planning, scheduling, sequencing, potential problems, and timelines
5. Experience working in a construction coordination position previously.
6. Has strong technical aptitude. Proficiency with MS Office, adobe and internet applications. (Excel, Project, Word and Acrobat)
7. You have a strong ability to quickly develop working relationship with a broad range of individuals both internally and externally at all levels with an organization.
8. You display a high standard of professional and confidentiality in handling sensitive information both internally and externally.
9. Resourceful and self motivated with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
10. Must have a valid drivers license.
11. Willingness to learn and expand knowledge basis.
-September 10, 2020