Construction Project Coordinator
- Rate TBD
- Location Ottawa, ON Canada
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Sales & Marketing, Specialized Help Communication, Cost Reduction, Engineering, Organizational Structure, Risk Management, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract full time permanent ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Ottawa ON
Position: Construction Project Coordinator
Reporting to the Project Manager, to coordinate the construction project processes in order to meet company objectives of costs, quality, time and safety
- Complete a wide array of administrative duties through all phases of our projects.
- Ensure documentation and files are efficiently prepared and managed with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain project information including work plans, schedules, project files and reports.
- Effectively and accurately communicate project information and updates to the client and project team.
- Support with tender package submittal, subcontractor tender package recommendation to clients, subcontract award cost coding and SAP upload sheet. Monitor project costs through change order and contract adjustment procedures.
- Participate in weekly subcontract progress meetings and progress tracking.
- Assist the Project Manager in a variety of tasks, such as; review and process shop drawings, prepare correspondence, communicating discrepancies in project reports, prepare documents such as RFI’s, deficiencies and estimates.
- Reviewing reports from the project’s consultants.
- Act as a liaison between clients, architects, consultants, engineers and sub-contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of work proposals, Purchase Orders, Change orders, contracts, etc.
- Produce project close out documentation.
- Must have 2-3 years of construction experience.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills in dealing with owner groups, trades and consultants.
- Must be resident of Ontario.
- Excels in a team environment but can also work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Strong computer literacy and Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of construction drawings and specifications;
- Knowledge of construction and technology methods;
- Proficiency with Adobe and project management software.
-September 10, 2020