Business Development Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Sales & Marketing Business Development, Marketing Consultant, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Business Development Manager will be directly responsible for the successful development of the annual revenue / gross margin objectives, primarily in North America. Reporting to VP of Solutions, and partnering with operational leaders, our growth strategy is straight forward. Business Development Manager will develop and implement a strategy to ensure the organization secures significant new customer opportunities. The main objective of this role is to achieve or exceed the individual annual gross margin targets by attracting new clients interested in the organization’s value proposition.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Uses a consultative approach to engage clients and work collaboratively to respond to inquiries and develop solutions to address their national supply chain and logistics requirements.
- Understands and develops a web of influence with client stakeholders for the organization’s key operational leaders to create ongoing relationships with key decision-makers.
- Conducts market research and identifies business opportunities for new and or incremental businesses in collaboration with Operations.
- Develops and implements a strategy to expand market reach with new clients.
- Leads new business presentations, provides full customer solutions, prepares client proposals, coordinates with operational leaders to create pricing, negotiates contracts, and supports customer onboarding process.
- Works closely with operational leaders to maximize service levels and address client service issues.
- Leads regular business review meetings with client stakeholders and operational leaders.
- Works collaboratively with the other business development team and Operations on business development opportunities
- Engages the Executive VP, on new business projects.
- Represents the organization at relevant tradeshows, conferences, and events. Manages necessary details of these events to attract new business opportunities and ensure the organization has a strong and understood profile in the market.
- Develops and presents sales and period trend reports regularly and communicates success and future actions.
- Keeps abreast of changes within the industry regarding competition, customers and potential customers and general trends. Participates or establishes membership in relevant industry associations.
- Adherence to sales-related policies, standards, and processes, which includes a consistent delivery of weekly sales activity performance metrics.
- Strong strategic orientation with the ability to leverage insights when building customized client solutions.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely submission of sales forecasts and reports by using CRM.
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will bring 8+ years of national sales experience. He or She will have proven success selling to the C-level and Vice President level within this environment.
- A University degree in Business/Commerce, Marketing, or Business Administration is highly desirable.
- A track record of providing solutions and value-added consultative sales and successful contract negotiations.
- Sustained track record of success with large, complex accounts, and repeatedly meeting or exceeding new business revenue targets.
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques including cold-calling, networking, lead generation, all with the ability to capture and close the deal.
- Sound critical reasoning, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- A solid understanding of the organization’s market: service, competition, and technologies.
- Demonstrated project management and budgeting abilities.
- Naturally energetic, articulate individual with a high level of business acumen.
- Client focused and able to think on your feet, build rapport quickly, and possess consultative listening skills to identify client needs and potential solutions.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to travel up to 70%
- Knowledge of Salesforce automation tool.
-September 14, 2020