- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance, General support, Sales & Marketing , Brand Ambassador/Promotional Event Rep, Logistics, Management processes, Party / Event planning, Quickbooks, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Job Description: Events Producer
The Events Producer is responsible for all aspects including but not limited to planning, design, production, promotion, execution, budgeting, projections, revenue generation, analyses, promotions, venue or software platform selection and negotiation, vendor and supplier management for physical and virtual events.
The Events Producer is expected source and work with various virtual platforms / software, negotiate contracts, liaise with entertainers, speakers, exhibitors, and all logistics of virtual and physical events are required tasks for this role. It is expected that the Event Producer will create budgets, projections, and reconcile to actual results. Other duties include, but are not limited to, sourcing venues for physical events, reviewing, and arranging appropriate accommodation, transportation, catering, signage, promotional materials, procurement, and security. The focus is on virtual events currently. This is a ‘hands on’ role in a fast-paced environment.
Other duties will be assigned, as necessary. This role is subject to change, based upon the needs of our company and its members.
1. Events – Virtual and Physical Events. Focus on Virtual Events currently
· Project Manager for events from original idea to execution. Must have the ability to take the lead on an idea, move it forward by creating the strategy, tactics, marketing, and execute on all logistics for multiple events simultaneously.
· Execute and coordinate all aspects including but not limited to the following virtual events; The Franchise Canada Trade Show(s), Law Day, Business Recovery Summit Series, How to Franchise Your Business Seminars, webinars and events etc within short time frames.
· When we return to physical face-to-face events; Golf Tournaments, and educational seminars such as How to Franchise Your Business Seminars, Webinars and CFE events and oversee, execute, and manage all logistical aspects of National Convention including on-site management
· Must learn all virtual platforms and be able to teach others (speakers, attendees, other staff) on the platforms
· Develop and monitor critical paths / timelines for all events
· Manage and execute all speaker dry runs for all events including testing before the speaker joins, answering speaker questions, and ensuring speakers are ‘set up for success’
· Create and provide reports for events such as, tracking registrations, conversion to attendees, repeat users, budget vs actual
· Manage internal and external event communications
· Work with the communications staff to develop effective marketing approaches for each event
· Supervise the development and production of promotional materials and presentations
· Work with the Communications Team, Advertising on development and execution of media plan for The Franchise Canada Shows, including but not limited to production of TV and Radio commercials and fulfillment of media campaigns
· Posting and updating events on the event websites
· Responsible for the monitoring and analyzing revenue/expense for all events and meet or exceed targets for attendance and profitability
· Track and analyze the on-going status of events to minimize risk, evaluate the trends of events and make recommendations for improvement
· Manage vendors and suppliers
· Research, negotiate and manage suppliers related to events to ensure quality and effective services to event participants
· Source venues obtain quotes and conduct site visits, if applicable
· Maintain detailed and accurate event files such as exhibitor databases, contact and financial information
· Responsible for delegates, exhibitors, speakers, attendees throughout the entire process – virtual or physical events
· Co-ordinate the delivery of materials to events
· Provide support to other members of event staff
· Develop a risk management plan
· Oversee the financial and project management of events
· Produce reports on events which include obstacles and opportunities encountered
2. Volunteer Committees
· Actively run and participate in committees related to events including but not limited to Convention Program Committee, Franchise Law Day Committee, and Ensure that the Terms of Reference for each committee is up to date and acted upon. Act as staff liaison by providing leadership, administration, and resources to each Committee. Ensure the involvement of committee members.
· In addition, participate in other Committees that integrate with events such as the Education Advisory Committee, and the Lead Generation Committee.
3. General and administration
· Creation and management of all events budgets, projections, and analysis.
·Provide reports on actual vs. budget and forecasts/projections for each event
· Work with Finance Department to ensure all members are invoiced and paid for their participation in events
· Work with the Finance Department to ensure each event is reconciled (revenue and expenses) 60 days after event completion
· Communicate with the Department leader of Development (sales) to ensure sales team is aware of targets and pricing for each event including Breakeven, Budget, sponsorship, and upselling targets. Create scripts for sales on various events / products when necessary.
· Ensure budget targets are met at a minimum
· Ensure all program activities operate successfully, efficiently, consistently, and effectively
· Implement and monitor continuous quality improvement process for all programs and services
· Work closely with other staff members to ensure maximum synergy and co-operation between departments
· Interaction with members
· Become an ambassador of the brand
· Manage 3rd party suppliers
· Travel is required across Canada
· And such other duties and responsibilities as the may determine from time to time
· Strong project management, including the creation and execution of critical paths and work back schedules for multiple and simultaneous events in fast paced environment
· Ability to take an idea to execution in less than 30 days for virtual events
· Initiative, self-starter; always striving for excellence, and speed to market
· Focusing on event procedural improvement, suggest event policies and procedures as required
· Reporting to management, including writing reports for the Board of Directors
· Leadership skills, project management skill, management of team members and volunteers
· Budgeting, forecasting, revenue, and expense management
· Confident communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
· Superior customer service skills
· Contract negotiation skills and contract management
· Microsoft office 365, Sales Force database, Quick Books and to quickly learn other software as required
· Learn, manage, train on various virtual platforms and registration management software, including but not limited to; GoToMeeting, Got Webinar, Zoom, EventMobi, PheedLoop, Swoogo and the ability to quickly learn virtual event software platforms
· Marketing and event website creation
· Ability to ‘wear many hats’ and ‘jump in’ to help others on a small team – e.g. work registration desk at annual national convention, answer questions about our company at a consumer tradeshow, unload the dishwasher in the office
· A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
-September 15, 2020