- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help , Banking, Financial Services/ Insurance
- Duration contract 24 months, full time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
- Responsible to organize, design, develop and deliver our’s internationally-recognized leadership and technical training programs for financial services supervisors and regulators in the banking, insurance, securities, pensions, and micro-finance sectors, as well as on a cross-sectoral basis; resulting in increased effectiveness of financial regulators and supervisors, primarily with emerging market and/or developing countries.
- Ensure that programs maintain a premiere reputation in relevant program content, interactive learning design and the practical application of international standards and the latest research in financial supervision and regulation.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and oversees the successful delivery of leadership and technical programs from program / content development through program quality evaluation and improvement. This includes ensuring that the training materials developed by external training consultants (Program Leaders) are of a high standard and contain practical, relevant and timely information.
- Works collaboratively with the CEO, senior management, other Program Directors, Advisory Boards Chairs, and Program Leaders, key international financial institutions’ officials to incorporate new and relevant program content, case material, feedback and supervisory guidance. Contributes insight gained through direct international agency and managerial experience with country and regional financial stability, risk assessment and crisis management.
- Acts as a generator of content (commensurate with own technical knowledge and skills) for the Centre’s various training programs (including stock-in-trade training program, supervisory certification course, supervisory guidance notes, and other opportunities as arise).
- Also, when called upon seeks expertise of external trainers and commissions them to create specific training materials such as case studies, presentation materials and other items as needed, carefully checking their work before they present their materials to the participants.
- Promotes our programs to emerging-markets and developing countries; liaises with the senior officials of central banks and supervisory agencies or authorities to establish partnerships, conducts needs assessment and matches the type of programs to the country / regional needs, assists in developing sources of funding to support growth of program volume and represents the Centre at all government and industry / agency executive management levels. Prepares responses to funding agency requests for proposals, including scope, deliverables, expected outcomes and business in line with our’s “Logic Model”.
- Negotiates partnership agreements (i.e., new or ongoing business opportunities for the Centre) and fees with select national or regional partners in the supervisory and regulatory community that chose to receive great services.
- Attends and leads programs, when and where appropriate, and in addition: assures the readiness and effectiveness of Program Leaders and facilitators, interacts with and observes participants, analyses program feedback and formulates program changes in accordance with the Toronto Centre approved work system and policies.
- Measures and drives program improvement and resultant participant effectiveness, as reported by the Performance Measurement Framework / Results-based Management. Continually strives to assist senior management in its effort to align capacity building programs with key funders requirements.
- Communicates key information to the CEO, senior management, other Program Directors, Board of Directors, and key donor stakeholders with respect to annual work plans, progress reports, new program initiatives, quality measures and budgets.
- Contributes to our’s effectiveness by offering information and opinion as a member of the senior leadership team; integrating objectives with other functions; accomplishing related results as needed.
- Partners with the CEO and others to represent us with agency, governmental, academic, and funding organizations.
- Stays abreast of new principles in supervision and regulation; conducting research, reviewing professional publications, establishing networks, participating in conferences, publishing and conferring with thought leaders and change agents of the industry.
- Contributes to a positive and robust team effort and accomplishes results as required.
- Complies with all of our policies.
- Performs other duties as required.
1. Relevant industry designation, or graduate degree in economics or equivalent plus 15 years progressive work experience in a combination of central bank institution, or financial supervision agencies or authorities or one of the Bretton Woods international financial institutions - which should include a minimum of 10 years management responsibility.
2. Must be able to speak and write in English with excellent fluency (multilingual an asset), be able to live and work in Canada, and travel internationally a minimum of 12 trips per year for periods of at least one week each, or to conduct similar work through a blended delivery approach, as warranted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be persuasive, diplomatic and tactful in high pressure situations.
- Ability to manage a number of priorities simultaneously.
- Superior knowledge of financial services supervision and regulation; policy and/or practice.
- Knowledge of financial stability, risk assessment or management and financial crisis management.
- Knowledge of the program learning process; preparation and control of budgets.
- Knowledge of sound research methodologies.
- Knowledge of business English, Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing: proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and business report writing.
- Skill in team leadership, project management, coordination and distance communications.
- Skill in leading and evaluating assigned staff.
- Ability to establish professional relationships with senior management of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time-lines.
- Experience in emerging markets and developing countries an asset.
-November 20, 2020