Construction Project Coordinator
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Engineering, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract full time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Our Construction Limited Company is one of the most exclusive construction management firm. We are seeking a Construction Project Coordinator to join our growing and dynamic team. The Construction Project Coordinator reports to and works closely with the project manager and is responsible for project administration, tendering and administering contracts, communicating with the project managers.
The successful candidate must be highly diligent, detail oriented and continuously exceed customer, and company expectations.
Project Scheduling and Administration
• Develop project schedules and relevant deadlines including but not limited to executing pre-construction checklists, locates, service shutoffs, temporary power, etc.
• Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules, building scope of work documents and tracking tender documents, pricing and approvals.
• Coordination of project meetings with customers, architects, designers, trades, and other project staff, and preparation of milestone updates and scheduling modifications.
• Responsible for record meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
• Act as the point of contact between project manager and site supervisor to facilitate the project from conception to completion.
• Professional and effective communication between all project parties ensuring both concerns and best interests of the company and construction project.
Procurement and Tendering
• Continually review design specifications and shop drawings to ensure the building is built to the expected and required standard.
• Analyze architectural, structural, and mechanical drawings and performing take offs.
• Working with the Project Manager to tender, assess, negotiate and award contracts and managing pricing upgrades and extras.
• Maintain appropriate records of approvals, drawings, and permits for each project.
• Support Site Supervisors for the procurement of materials and equipment from trades and suppliers
• Ensure that the Project Manager has all updated and current documents and incorporates all details required.
Skills and qualifications:
• Ability to read and work from building plans, with a working knowledge of the OBC.
• Proficiency in a residential construction and renovations industry with a broad general experience in all facets of the building process.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
• Experience running multiple projects simultaneously.
• Construction Management diploma or degree.
• Customer Service oriented.
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients, management, crew and sub-trades.
• Strong sense of construction timelines, order of scheduling, sub-trade management and budgets.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)/CAPM certification is an asset (not mandatory)
-January 22, 2021