Vice President of Business Development
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Sales & Marketing Business Development
- Duration contract full time (40 hr/wk) ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Position/Title: Vice President of Business Development
Benefits: Bonus, Stock on completion of two years, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, RRSP benefits, Vision cares benefits, Other benefits
Employment conditions: Full-time, Permanent
Success in this Role:
To be successful the Senior professional will:
- Lead and manage global team across Elocity Technologies Inc. and our partners to deliver a global service aligned to customer needs
- Be the key point of contact between the customer and Our Technologies Inc.
- Build long term and trusted relationship with the client
- Understand customer needs and growth objectives at a strategic and operation level
- Co-develop an action plan for business expansion with the customer, and proactively find solutions and opportunities to ensure success of the action plan
- Bring deep knowledge and expertise across Organisation
- Provide insights and knowledge both internally and externally
- Create business plans for the development of new markets in India, APAC and the Middle East;
- Follow up, presentation and develop value map and co-ordinate activities with key stake holders of large power utilities and other retail enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies;
- Actively participate in business meetings with prospective clients and business partners;
- Direct, control, organize and judge the overall business development functions of services through middle business managers;
- Create business policies to manage the growth direction of Our Technologies Inc., with CEO and other key stakeholders.
- Establish the company's mission and planned direction as communicated through policies and tangible objectives, which are met through the successful management of individual, financial and substantial resources;
- Globally promote charging application services of the company, identifying leads and converting into potential revenue-generating business opportunities while assessing clients’ requirements and objectives;
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract foreign funding sources and venture capital;
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers and business partners;
- Develop action plans, provide industry and local expertise in response to client needs, and support and advise Elocity Technologies Inc.’s engineering teams and internal and external stakeholders;
- Advise and direct the staff in the development and implementation of excellent customer service quality assessment strategies;
- Appoint the managers and other executive staff; delegate the necessary power to them and create optimum working conditions;
- Develop and present proposals to prospective clients and business partners;
- Negotiate business terms, agreements and contracts with clients and business partners;
- Represent the company in dealings with Canadian and foreign government agencies in matters related to Our Technologies Inc.’s export market development;
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise business development staff; and
- Able to travel for business trips to India, APAC, the Middle East and in the US as required (not barred or restricted from going to these regions).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Applied Management preferred)
- Language: English (Proficiency in Hindi will be an asset)
- Transportation/ Travel Information: Willing to travel regularly, willing to travel internationally, travel expenses paid by the employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, attention to detail, large workload
- Personal Suitability: Accurate, excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, organized, effective interpersonal skills, critical judgement
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications: MS Outlook, MS Office, MS Windows, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Major Work Area: Data processing and computers, Business Services
- Experience: 10 to 15 years of experience in business development and leadership role
- Ability to Supervise: 5-10 people, Working groups, Staff in various areas of responsibility, Contractors
Senior Managers Specific Skills:
- Establish financial and administrative controls
- Formulate and approve promotional campaigns and approve overall human resources planning
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Represent the organization or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs
- Must be familiar with the electric vehicle charging software applications and hardware products and their commercial applications.
- Must have experience developing a relationship with foreign markets, the primary focus in India, APAC and Middle East markets.
- Must understand the E-Mobility market and products related to the electric charging system for electric vehicles and commercial usage.
- Direct experience with Electric Charging companies. (e.g. Electric Chargers OEM, Charge Point Operators) is preferred.
- Must have experience of business models on charging infrastructure, TCO models with distributed energy companies, Electric Vehicles OEM’s and Large Retail enterprises.
-March 4, 2021