Human Resources Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Human Resource
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the accurate and expedient oversight of the day-to-day HR operations including employee relations, health & safety, payroll, records management and general HR administration with the employee experience top of mind. This position is responsible for the delivery of a variety of HR and Safety policies, programs and procedures that will ensure not only the company’s legislative compliance obligations are met but the employee experience is best in class and the HR function delivers an optimal and efficient service partnership to business stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Development and application of all HR standards and guidelines.
· Provide HR strategic advice and management services to support the day-to-day operational activities.
· Ensure compliance with AODA, employment standards, human rights, anti-bullying, and health and safety legislation.
· Create, maintain and evaluate HR policies, practices, strategic directions, policies, and processes for the President’s approval.
· Maintain accurate, and up to date HR records and files in line with the organization’s policies and current legislation.
· Responsible for compensation, benefits programs, and workplace planning needs and strategies, in collaboration with the management team.
· Create, maintain and update employee data in the HRIS and payroll systems.
· Review, create, and revises job descriptions driving consistency across the company.
· Review and/or propose committee’s pertaining to HR and employee wellbeing that will benefit the company and/or are required in the particular region the company is operating in.
· Review and propose enhancements to HR databases and record keeping systems, including security of personnel records.
· Develop and deliver information / training sessions related to HR policies, processes, and procedures as necessary, including legal changes and updates as they relate to HR conduct in the workplace.
· Periodically review and update the employee handbook.
· Prepare and amend where necessary HR documents, i.e. employment contracts, recruitment guides and HR templates.
· Ensure company is compliant with provincial requirements pertaining to payroll and benefits.
· Manage direct hiring through job postings and agency hiring.
· Review job absences and various leave types and follow-up directly with leaders and staff members to ensure appropriate return to work.
· Analyze trends and metrics and prepare reports, as required by the management team.
· Provide performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions) and coordinate more complex employee relations issues with the head office.
· Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
· College/University education and HR designations or equivalent experience.
· Progressive experience demonstrated through a minimum of 2 years in an HR managerial function.
· Proven experience in thinking strategically and acting pragmatically to deliver on sound HR policy and practice.
· Excellent interpersonal and management skills including demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff.
· Sound knowledge of HR practices and systems.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying labour and employment legislation.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, judgement, and a high level of professionalism.
· Proven experience and skill in influencing others without clear authority or direct line responsibility.
· Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to prioritize and deal with multiple projects and changing deadlines.
· Proven skills with a variety of software packages; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) and HRIS systems.
-March 15, 2021