Bilingual Education Lead
- Rate TBD
- Location Calgary, AB Canada (From home)
- Type of project Specialized Help, Writing/Translation Education / teaching , Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Education
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Calgary ABTELECOMMUTE
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Bilingual Education Lead and deliver the magic of computer science to our learners! This role is an important part of our Delivery Team. The Delivery Team is responsible for working with partners to teach activities and programs to learners. The Delivery Team is the public face of our institute and ambassadors of the work we do.
This is a remote full time, salaried role.
What Success Looks Like
- We deliver an inspiring online educational experience
- We reach or exceed our learner goals across our programs
- We develop unique local partnerships and build our community of educators and learners nationwide
- Organize and deliver technology and computer science-related learning activities for adults, educators and youth learners including community groups (like schools, clubs, other organizations).
- Establish a safe and inclusive online training environment for all learners through application of facilitation and instruction techniques.
- Support the delivery of online workshops through taking on various roles including main instructor, technical producer and support mentor.
- Maintain a list of suggested program improvements then provide feedback on the content and resources available to learners.
- Use troubleshooting techniques to identify and address problems with software.
- Work in collaboration with your delivery team to learn new content and experiment with different delivery methods in order to best serve all learners.
- Collaborate cross functionally on developing learning resources
- When appropriate, supporting in community outreach and communications to develop online experience pipeline to ensure our experiences are accessible to our diverse communities of focus
- Speak with the media, communicate with parents and event partners and more, as needed
- You have experience in teaching adults and children (non-academic/informal or post-secondary), experience in an online environment is an asset.
- You have a basic understanding of Computer Science and will be comfortable teaching the fundamentals of coding (HTML & CSS, Scratch, Glitch, WordPress).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Web Development and Design is an asset.
- You are passionate about collaborative and inclusive learning environments.
- You enjoy interacting with learners (adults and youth) and are passionate about inspiring and teaching.
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions.
- You are incredibly self-directed, a fast learner, and need little supervision and have the ability to work independently and remotely.
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient.
- You consider yourself tech-savvy, comfortable with learning new technology and digital tools. You have experience with video conferencing tools, like Zoom
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day.
- You have impeccable time-management, planning and organizing skills.
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening.
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto, this is a remote role (even without the pandemic) and we are open to applicants across Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role requires some evening and weekend work. *Please note this role will be supporting PST, MST, CST time zones. Some travel may be required if/when safe to do so.
This role reports to our Code Squad Community Success Manager.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
-March 15, 2021