Mechanical And Structural Design Engineer
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Mechanical/Structural Design Engineer
We are looking for a senior engineer to join us as we continue to grow in our niche markets across North America. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We’re as diverse as they come but we are all like-minded in our attitudes, staying active learners, staying positive in our work zones and striving to do exceptional. We face challenges together and we win together. And together, we deliver world-class solutions that quietly transform the way the world thinks about access and maintenance.
Mechanical/Structural Design Engineer
We’re looking for someone who is a strong communicator, well-rounded in engineering fundamentals, can devise concept designs following customer specifications and produce the engineering drawings to make it reality at a price point acceptable to the customer. We’d also love to meet with people that are particularly strong in a few areas listed in this job description and we’ll help with the rest. The ideal candidate will reflect a positive “can-do” attitude with the desire to improve their skillsets to take on a principal role.
Processes are fairly typical of construction/manufacturing type industries wherein you will be moving through customer specifications to drawings to review and production. As a mechanical design engineer, you will be drafting some of these design drawings, but also reviewing and approving shop drawings and production drawings. With your exceptional Solidworks and AutoCAD skills and experience in custom engineered solutions, you’ll be working closely with Project Managers, other members of the engineering team and at times the business development team to ensure the project design is consistent with what was sold and the project stays on budget. Periodically, you’ll be providing technical assistance to the sales and business development teams during the proposal and estimation phase to help Tractel minimize its risk exposures and ensure we deliver the best product at the best possible price. A job description would not be complete without a catch all requirement that you perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Our engineering and projects teams are highly collaborative and moves fast on executing new projects and ideas. We try out new ideas constantly, learn from them and execute again… You will be in the front lines in this development process and will take on a critical part in taking our company and the project/engineering team to the next level in this position.
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST have:
· Min. 10+ years of North American machine design experience that is backed by a Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD in the mechanical engineering disciplines, and ideally 20+ years of total engineering experience
· Superior communications skills in ENGLISH are a must
· Strong working knowledge and demonstrable capability of Solidworks, AutoCAD and MS Office products
· Demonstrable ability to perform algebraic calculations for weight, force, moment, volume so you can apply those to your drawings, and “size” components and parts
· Strong understanding of welding symbols, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), tolerance stack up analysis, to complete sketches, layout drawings, production/working level drawings with fabrication
· Strong working knowledge of structures including relevant steel, aluminum, welding ASME, ANSI and CSA standards or US equivalents
· Good understanding of custom design work of large scale steel and aluminum fabricated machines, factory/industrial settings, civil and large infrastructure, field experience in construction, installation or related work, are aware of building codes, structural codes
· Prior industry experience designing material handling equipment (i.e. forklifts, excavators, cranes, hoists, etc.) or man-rated access equipment (i.e. swingstages, work platforms, multi-point suspended platforms, under bridge maintenance travellers, articulating platforms, elevating man-lifts/platforms, etc.) is an asset.
· A P.Eng or PE US equivalent
· Capable of performing structural calculations and analysis following ANSI/AISC 360 and/or Canadian equivalents of steel and aluminum structural designs i.e. CSA-16, CSA S157
· Strong capability in determining steel and aluminum welding calculations and requirements (i.e. AWS D1.1/D1.2, CSA W47/59, etc),
· Able to complete hand calcs to justify design development
We offer a competitive compensation package. You must be able to travel through North America without restrictions and have authorization (PR or citizen) to work in Canada without our support.
-March 18, 2021