Security System Installer
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Security systems, Technical support
- Duration Full Time - Part Time, Contract, Permanent ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
Provide field technical service and support at Security Integration customer sites by performing connectivity and hardware troubleshooting and repair and installing / troubleshooting both analog and IP based enterprise video surveillance, access control and security systems: Primarily Honeywell, DSC and Hikvision. Must be willing to learn, participate in training sessions and keep up to date with emerging technologies in the industry.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience servicing, diagnosing and repairing integrated control, CCTV/IP, digital recording, alarm systems, etc.
- Post-secondary training in electronics or equivalent; Technical background in Video Security Systems, analog, IP and electronic technology.
- Network cabling experience.
- Ability to effectively operate hand and power tools (i.e. drill)
- Completion and possession of valid safety training – Scissor Lift, Elevated Platform and Working at Heights
- Ability to lift up to 50-75 pounds, climb ladders, and operate lift
- Must be familiar working in a retail / enterprise environment; Experience with installations and implementations in new locations
- Valid G class driver’s licence and clean driver’s abstract at all times; Ability to travel to customers’ sites
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with other tech resources and support teams as needed; Ability to execute projects in a timely manner (as scheduled – on staggered shifts), and operate within deadlines)
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and leadership skills; Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills; Ability to deal effectively and respectfully with all levels of staff
- Permanent resident or Canadian citizen
Loss Prevention Responsibilities:
- Install and troubleshoot CCTV – includes: fixed/PTZ cameras, DVR, NVR, Hybrid, Servers, and video matrix systems.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems on servers and workstations, along with connected peripherals.
- Troubleshoot network issues, copper lines, switches/routers and use of network monitoring tools
- Diagnose and correct problems with the network electronic systems and software.
- Implement deliverables of assigned Loss Prevention Projects
- Serve as liaison between customer and technical staff for all relevant retail loss prevention technology.
- Be a service technician for Loss Prevention Implementation Projects.
- Ensure proper service and maintenance of hardware.
- Install and configure all Loss Prevention related hardware and software.
- Ensure a high degree of timeliness and accuracy of technical and operational support.
- Replace and repair hardware (both analog and digital).
- Implement/Install loss prevention and associated technologies.
- Identify and repair hardware issues on customer sites
- Install, fish, dress cross connect and terminate Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) and co-axial, Identify cable pathways
- Test, review and troubleshoot installed systems
- Troubleshoot cabling, hardware and network related issues in the field; Installing various types of network infrastructure equipment (switches, routers, servers, DSL modems, wireless switches and access points, camera, security systems, network addressing) (FST)
To accomplish the above responsibilities, you are required to:
- Operate hand and power tools (i.e. drill)
- Ensure that all other on-site support services and repairs are completed by verifying operations and maintaining required quality levels and documenting work performed
- Investigate and diagnose customers’ issues by using technical expertise in a timely and professional manner
- Apply proficient computer skills and solid knowledge of computer networking
- Exhibit positive and professional attitude and behaviour at all times; Interact and communicate respectfully with all parties to resolve field issues
- Work independently and collaboratively with other team members to achieve common project/site objectives
- Liaise with Help Desk on escalated issues
- Maintain a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and procedures, applying completed and required safety training required for the position at all times
- Perform travel on a moment’s notice in order to provide support by troubleshooting at customer sites, as required; Comply with company’s travel policies and procedures
- Prepare field reports, as required
- Arrive onsite prepared and on time
- Complete and submit accurate weekly timesheets
-March 18, 2021