Network Specialist - Open Source Tools
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project IT & Software Network & System adm.
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Responsible for design, implementation, troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance of the network infrastructure.
- Manage the 24x7 uptime of the IT network.
- Participate in security reviews and updates to the latest standards
- Resolve all problems identified with the network.
- Act as an escalation for 1st and 2nd support technicians.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- 5+ years demonstrable experience of working within a multi-site IT environment.
- NetOps/DevOps experience
- Git experience
- Contributions to OpenSource projects
- Intermediate to High Linux skills
- Script-based API management of network devices
- Network equipment acquisition and support contract management
- Physical network installation experience with carriers
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, VLANs, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VPN, SNMP, DNS
- Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet and F5 Network devices.
-March 23, 2021