Specialized Inform. Analyst Security & Information Governance Advisor
- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project IT & Software, Specialized Help, Writing/Translation Engineering, Information Security, Information system analyst, Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Montreal QC
Job Description :
We are currently looking for candidates to fill the position of Specialized Informatics Analyst, security and information governance advisor. Our institution includes more than 30 sites, with a budget of more than $850 million for operating activities including main and peripheral activities.
The specialized informatics analyst, security and information governance advisor, will be required to work in a context of major change and great complexity following the merger and integration of several institutions with a number of different facilities, missions and professions. He/she will be working within the Digital Health Directorate and have the responsibility of working with the teams across the CIUSSS to help with planning activities, and project coordination thereby improving the delivery and quality of care and services.
Added to this transformation is the duty of reconciling it within a vast and complex legal framework, and ensuring compliance with performance and transparency obligations. The current situation calls for candidates who have demonstrated a very strong sense of responsibility and accountability, high-level skills in change management, while ensuring continuous improvement of quality, performance, efficiency and effectiveness, as well as great budgetary stringency.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities:
The specialized informatics analyst, security and information governance advisor will work closely with the advisor to the Chief Information Security Officer and provides support to the Chief Information Security Officer (CSIO) of the West-Central Montreal Health organization with respect to information security frameworks, and compliance to specific requirements and rules adopted by the Director of Information Resources, the Ministry of Health and will contribute to the coordination of future information security actions.
You will assist the Digital Health Directorate in leading a large-scale effort to transform and continuously improve digital health in the organization, based on Ministerial directives and expected results. Your work will contribute to supporting the transformational vision of digital health for the organization and, in turn, support and enhance clinical care.
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Digital Health, you will work closely with organizational partners such as Medical Records, Information Resources (cybersecurity, networking, application architecture) and biomedical engineering to ensure a cohesive information security framework, using best practices and requirements to maintain security protocols and data governance. You will provide support to management and coordinate the implementation of information governance and security strategies to ensure a cohesive information security framework across the organization, both in the Hospital and in the Community.
In this regard, the specialized informatics analyst, security and information governance advisor, will have the following key responsibilities:
• Accompanies the Chief Information Security Officer (CSIO) and the advisor to the Chief Information Security Officer in the implementation of internal orientations stemming from Health Ministry directives and those of the DRI (Director of Information Resources), as well as internal policies and generally accepted practices in this regard;
• Assists the Chief Information Security Officer (CSIO) and the advisor to the Chief Information Security Officer in the implementation of strategic orientations, directives and action plans in the area of information security;
• Participates in the drafting of the West-Central Montreal Health information security framework documents, including the information security policy and information management framework;
• Assists the Chief Information Security Officer (CSIO) and the advisor to the Chief Information Security Officer in the implementation of formal information security management processes;
• Accompanies partner departments in matters of information security and participates in the integration of provisions guaranteeing compliance with information security requirements in service agreements and contracts;
• Assists application owners in the categorization of information under their responsibility, in the identification and evaluation of information risk situations and in the definition of action plans to reduce information security risks to a level acceptable to the organization and the Ministry of Health;
• Identifies and supports information security requirements when carrying out development projects, acquiring information systems, or decommissioning outdated systems;
• Develops and supports the Chief Information Security Officer (CSIO) and the advisor to the Chief Information Security Officer in the implementation of the information security training and awareness programs;
• Maintains the Information Security Authority Registry;
• Ensures the coordination and implementation of information security projects;
• Produces information security assessments and action plans for the West-Central Montreal Health organization.
Required Knowledge and Attributes:
• Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Information System Security, Computer Science or any related field.
• Masters in IT security (an asset)
• Professional certificate in Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• 2 to 5 years of professional work experience in Information Technology risk management, cyber security, compliance to information security management tools such as ISO17799/27002, identity & access policies, information security policies.
• Experience in the implementation of information security and privacy governance programs and processes.
• Deep knowledge of information security management concepts: ISO/IEC 27001/2, NIST 800-53, etc.
• Experience in digital data management related to information security and confidentiality.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services cloud computing platforms (an asset).
• Ability to interact and liaise with various stakeholder groups within a large organization, including technical, clinical and administrative counterparts
• Professional behavior and confidence in a dynamic and rapidly changing healthcare environment
• Bilingual (English, French)
WE OFFER A RANGE OF BENEFITS:
• Group insurance plan
• Pension plan (RREGOP)
• 20 days of vacation after one (1) year of employment
• 13 statutory vacations
• 9.6 sick days that can be redeemed for cash once a year
• Employee discount program
• Several restaurants, stores, banks nearby
• Easily accessible by public transit
-March 24, 2021