Linux Systems Administrator
- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project IT & Software, Writing/Translation Linux, System Admin, Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration 12 Months Contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Montreal QC
Role : Linux System Admin
Location : Montreal, QC
Linux System Admin
Your Role and Responsibilities:
This role is for a System Administrators who support UNIX server platform, primarily at the Linux OS level, in providing day to day (problem/change), security compliance, and project support for a commerical account.
- Problem Management - response, analysis, determination, resolution, root cause analysis, and oncall off hour support.
- Change Management - plan, schedule, create, execute/implement, and understanding of the process and tools.
- Server Backup/Restore support.
- Security compliance - APAR patching User ID management, health check remediation, server build/hardening, and audit support. Patching CIRATS Update/upgrade OS by requests and all related works and reporting pkgs update for the production servers and was in the on-call rotation as well Managing our ticket queues, such for Service Requests/Change Management and incidents Follow up managing subscription for servers in all tiers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 years with Redhat 5, 6, 7 and AIX 6, 7.
- Bilingual in English and French.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 2 years with Puppet, Zabbix, Jira.
- Team work.
- Learning multiple skills on multiple products and platforms.
- Flexible, technical aptitude, innovative.
-March 29, 2021