Intermediate Mechanical Engineer (Automation & system integration)
- Rate TBD
- Location Burlington, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Burlington ON
At this time, we are looking to expand our team in our Burlington ON office and require an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 3-5 years experience to support current and future projects for our clients.
· Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
· Must be eligible to obtain a TN Visa – Work Permit (USA)
· Must have a valid and in good standing driver’s license.
· Must have own vehicle for transportation to and from Clients’ locations.
· Valid P.Eng designation in Ontario (preferred) or a valid P.E. or P.Eng designation from another state or province with the ability to apply for the Ontario P.Eng.
· Minimum 3 years of mechanical engineering design experience in automation, and system integration i.e. tooling, conveyors, and facility system updates.
· Experience designing for clients in automotive commercial, and industrial facilities.
· Must have experience in 3D AutoCAD and the Autodesk Suite
· Experience with Inventor considered a plus.
· Must be familiar with preparing status reports, reading specifications and drawings, verifying contractor work, timeline management, including critical path, and payment process.
· Must have the ability to analyze systems and processes, industry trends and then makes changes as needed.
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of mechanical systems building design, codes (NFPA, ASHRAE, etc.), and specifications.
· High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
· Sound management skills and enjoy working on technical aspects of building design projects in a fast-paced and supportive environment within a multi-discipline team.
· Experience with the design and engineering analysis of complex mechanical systems and issues.
· Experience supervising engineering document development and contractual criteria and negotiation of costs for additional work.
· Extreme level of professional discipline and self-motivation, sincerity and have strong communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, and with others.
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated team leadership, and construction project management experience.
· Demonstrated planning, organizational, interpersonal skills, and leadership.
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and globally.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner.
· Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Software including Project and Google office programs required.
Responsibilities in Mechanical Systems
The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
· Develop project criteria/scope and direct facility mechanical system design activities on major engineering and construction projects.
· Seek new technology applications and creative methods for accomplishing objectives. Develop, document, and continuously improve facility mechanical common systems/ standards through Life Cycle Cost studies, and value engineering analysis.
· Direct and monitor clients & contractors for compliance with the project scope of requirements.
· Provide technical consultation, including analyzing facility mechanical system problems in the field and recommend solutions to the client.
· Development of the mechanical portions of Scope of Requirements (RFPS), owner reviews, construction bid package development, shop drawing review process, the development of document clarifications, and field orders to ensure they are processed in a timely manner to meet the project schedule milestones.
· Provide mechanical cost estimating for a developed scope of requirements for assigned projects.
· Develop and maintain standards, guidelines, common systems, and best practices.
· Conduct material & systems assessments, drive cost savings and continuous improvements process for clients.
· Provide technical support of Health and Safety issues and solving complex manufacturing problems.
· Provide code and regulatory analysis and interpretation for the corporation.
· Inspect and test for compliance the products being manufactured for construction projects by various mechanical systems vendors for assigned projects.
· Ensure that the construction work is in compliance with mechanical plans and specifications.
· Frequent travel, including occasional international travel to Client sites and facilities.
Salary is based on experience.
-April 1, 2021