Dental Assistant Level II / I
- Rate $$18.00 per hour. per hour CAD $18.00 per hour. / HOUR
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Dental assistant
- Duration Full Time, Part Time (40 hr/wk ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Medical and repair technologies
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
A well-established, progressive Dental Office is seeking an experienced Dental Assistant. Be able to work independently and as a team. Be passionate about health and a healthy lifestyle.
Speaking Polish or Arabic is an advantage
We are open Monday to Thursday -aiming to open Fridays and Saturdays, for the meantime, Alternative Saturdays 8 am to 3 pm (Closed Long Weekends)
Salary: Based on experience.
Schedule: 8-hour shift
Dental Assisting: 1 year at least (Preferred)
Dental Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials.
- Performs procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patients.
- Assembles instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to the treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist’s access, suctioning, and passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
- Is HARP certified
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification (will be offered in office)
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains dental supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dental Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Dental health maintenance
- Use of dental technology
- Infection control
- Patient services
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Chairside manners
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Use of medical technologies
- Performing diagnostic procedures
- Computer literate; competent working in a chartless environment
- Open Dental Experience (optional)
Anyone invited for an in-office interview must come on time for their interview, wear a mask, and respect social distancing. Anyone not feeling well is asked not to enter the premises.
-April 1, 2021