- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance , Risk Management, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
- The role holder will be responsible for leading medium scale, or multiple small-scale Pension Administration Recordkeeping System implementation projects. The successful candidate must have experience managing projects in the role of a software vendor and should be disciplined in multiple SDLC methodologies.
- The role holder, under the supervision of the PMO, Program Manager or Senior Project Manager, is accountable and responsible for project management activities associated with the implementation of Pension Administration record keeping systems. Including but not limited to managing contracts, milestones, budgets, staffing, programs and portfolios using industry based project management standards.
- Other responsibilities include managing project / program scope, time (schedule), integration, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement activities and other PM Deliverables.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Client, Business Unit leads and leadership teams to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered for those projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under broad direction.
- Full accountability for own project/supervisory responsibilities.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives.
- Establishes own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments.
- Work is often self-initiated.
- Leadership qualities.
- Influences organization, customers, suppliers and peers within industry in area of specialization.
- Significant responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources, as they relate to the assigned project
- Decisions impact on success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget.
- Develops business relationships with customers.
- Range of exciting and complex technical or professional work activities.
- Work requires application of fundamental project management principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
- Understands relationship between detailed and wider customer/organizational requirements.
- May be required to manage multiple work streams within a single project.
- Work with multiple groups within Avenu and within the Client organization.
- Comfortable leading both the CPAS and client teams to meet project milestones and client expectations.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in managing projects for the implementation of software as a software vendor.
- Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of project charters and associated project plans.
- Maintenance of Budgets, EAC and Percentage of Completion plans.
- Maintain relationships with Clients and Business Unit leads and leadership to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered for those project(s) under his/her domain.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with team members, and use current tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables while applying to projects.
- Ensure appropriate involvement of all stakeholders for the project.
- Set and maintain client expectations.
- Responsible for client budget and BU revenue targets for the project or projects.
- Consistently apply the organizational project management standards and methodologies defined by the PMO to assigned projects.
- Accountable and responsible for activities pertaining to managing integration, scope, time (schedule), cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement for the project.
- Report progress and health of the project and incorporate feedback from all stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and manage risks and issues pertaining to the project.
- Vendor Management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven project management skills in estimating, planning, tracking, scope control, risk and issue management and status reporting.
- 5 years’ of experience as a project manager.
- Experience as a vendor, leading a software modernization project, is a must.
- Experience in the Pension and or Financial industries is considered an asset.
- Vendor Management skills are a must have.
- Client Relationship Management.
- Change Management.
- SDLC methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills.
- Facilitation skills to conduct project meetings.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred.
- University degree.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience leading Vendor led enterprise level software implementations, specifically with scheduling, project risk management, leadership and human resources.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of agile and waterfall delivery methods, risk mitigation, change management, budget and scope management.
- Ability to manage the project, the client and the project team in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to manage the project team and client through high stress situations.
- Ability to manage the project given structured and unstructured processes.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the employee works in an office setting, at an individual work station, using telephone and computer.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for most of the day.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a printer/copy machine.
- This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office.
- This position may require travel.
- The person in this position frequently communicates via Teams/Zoom/phone.
-April 2, 2021