Construction Coordinator | Coordinateur de la Construction
- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help, Writing/Translation Engineering, Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Montreal QC
We're looking for an operationally-focused individual, who is a high-achiever, energetic, organized, and an excellent communicator to join the Montreal team as a Construction Coordinator. This role is responsible for helping execute new property openings, with a focus on cross-functional partnership with internal and external stakeholders to bring our physical spaces to life.
HERE YOU WILL:
- Conduct initial walks of newly-signed properties in various stages of construction
- Monitor and document construction progress of new buildings on a regular basis
- Communicate with general contractors regarding building delivery timelines, track critical path variables, and update Sonder records accordingly when milestone deliverables change
- Evaluate functionality and compliance of of building-wide systems
- Perform quality control and safety checks of new properties.
- Own punchlist monitoring, conduct thorough unit walkthroughs and maintenance checks, and assess the readiness of property or units for turnover.
- Collect "asset references"- model numbers, operating instructions and functionality quirks of all appliances in each unit, and input into our unit facts system
- Oversee installation of security and access systems to ensure Sonder requirements are adhered to
- Work cross-functionally with HQ stakeholders in our Real Estate Development / Architecture & Construction departments to implement new processes and standards at the city level.
- Develop and refine hand-off process of property and landlord communications to our Montreal's Property Manager
- Support onboarding activities - furniture move in and installation - as available
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Construction-related field or 3 years of equivalent work experience
- Work experience or internship in onsite construction management or hospitality fields preferred
- Bilingual in both English and French
- Confidence to learn, oversee installation, and configure/troubleshoot our building access tech integrations and building-wide wifi networking equipment
- Ability to use influencing and relationship building skills to coordinate with, and direct work for, stakeholders who do not report to you directly
- Incredibly hardworking, solutions-oriented, and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
- Proactive, resourceful, and able to problem-solve independently
- Eager to learn, listen and contribute ideas
- Empathetic, willing to dive in and help teammates toward our common goals
- Positive attitude, not easily discouraged
- Methodical and vigilant when it comes to organization
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment: able to distinguish priorities and pathways for success within often ambiguous scenarios and a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment
- Prefer being on your feet - this is not a desk job.
- Open to occasional early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- Knowledgeable with Google Suite
- Experience with Asana, Slack, HoloBuilder, Procore, and/or Bluebeam a major plus.
- Ability to perform minor apartment repairs a plus
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
-April 6, 2021