Development Manager | Gestionnaire du Développement
- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media, Specialized Help, Writing/Translation Architect, Engineering, Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Montreal QC
As a Development Manager you will project manage multi-family and hotel developments from construction/renovation and FF&E fit-out to first guests. We are looking for candidates with experience in all phases of A/C process including due diligence, design, planning, entitlements, permitting, pre-construction, construction, staging, and closeout. Experience with FF&E fit-out in hospitality or retail is ideal. In this role, you will be working cross-functionally with internal (interior design, guest experience, real estate, etc.) and external stakeholders (landlords,architects, general contractors, FF&E vendors, etc.) to bring our physical spaces to life and ensure our projects are developed on-time, on-budget, and to brand standards. This individual should thrive in a fast-paced and constantly shifting environment.
Here You Will:
- Oversee the construction/renovation and outfitting of hundreds of hotel and apartment units with our vendor partners and work closely with HQ to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of each project
- Manage external stakeholders including landlords, developers, general contractors, architects of record, and code consultants to advocate for Sonder's interests at all phases of the development process from due diligence to closeout.
- Expertly negotiate and support vendor contracts (FF&E suppliers, installers, and logistics companies) while building and maintaining relationships with vendor partners
- Assist in creating, deploying and leveraging our's Standards and Specifications while working internally with relevant stakeholders including city teams, real estate, interior design, guest experience, tech, and legal.
- Collaborate on generating project schedules and consistently follow up on the adherence. Manage updates and develop solutions to issues while effectively communicating consequences.
- Own timelines and budgets to launch units faster and reduce cash burn
- Tirelessly problem solve issues while consistently working to improve processes to minimize and prevent exceptions in order to scale rapidly.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in architecture, construction or a related field preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in all phases of development from design/planning to construction project management/administration
- Passionate about all phases of real estate development, project cost estimating, construction and project management with a focus on critical details. Previous work in the hospitality field preferred but not required
- Significant experience negotiating with and managing external vendors and contractors on time, cost, and quality.
- The ability to independently plan and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- A willingness and enthusiasm to get your hands dirty when needed - be it in making a bed or assembling a sofa.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to identify and convey critical information to stakeholders quickly and precisely.
- Flexibility to transition from the polish of a negotiating table to the nitty gritty of a construction site.
- Expert with Google Suite; experience with project management applications Procore a plus.
- Travel up to 75% of the time / as required to meet with vendors / supervise projects.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
-April 6, 2021