- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
We are looking for a passionate team member who is enthusiastic about and has experience designing products and prototypes. This position will help build out the future line of our’s products. Here you will have the opportunity to rapidly change the face of the hockey training industry. You will be working in a high velocity product development environment, working with a new team building out our Digital training products. Ultimately, you will be part of a team that will not only enhance the HockeyShot training experience, but also bring it to thousands of more members!
Power the Experience
The candidate is responsible for leading and coordinating multiple product development projects from product concepts to production, validating product designs through prototyping and testing, creating PCB layouts, specifications and documents necessary for mass production and marketing of our IoT training aids. You’ll be building out technology solutions that enable a world class user experience across the platform for a worldwide audience.
- Participate in product definition, requirements, and specification.
- Define component specifications and work with vendors.
- Rapid prototyping and validation of electrical designs
- Optimizing designs for power, miniaturization and cost
- Design program flow and develop code in an embedded environment.
- Low level component design of circuits and schematic entry.
- Identify new technologies and methods.
- Work in a team environment with cross functional teams (mechanical, software, data science, industrial designers, etc…)
- Contribute to organization with Inventions, Patents and IP.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Customers.
- Ongoing communication, coordination and follow up with team members, other departments, contractors, factories and stakeholders on project progress
- Bachelor's degree in a science, engineering, computer science or equivalent domain
- 4 years electronic design experience
- Experience with IoT devices, programming sensors, Raspberry Pi and/or Arduino
- Google/AWS IoT services
- Embedded processor design hardware and firmware
- C for Embedded, Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE), WiFi
- Python, MQTT, HTTP experience
- Proficient with software such as Altium, Eagle, etc for circuit analysis/debugging and PCB design
- Design for Test (DFT) and Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Understanding of RTOS
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving abilities and excellent communication skills
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- A passion for the sport of hockey and/or other sports
- Experience working remotely
- Project management experience
-April 6, 2021