Product Photographer / Product Videographer
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada
- Type of project Designing & Media, IT & Software Adobe Photoshop, Photography, Video production, YouTube
- Duration contract 36 - 40 hours per week, flexible ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Communication and journalism
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ONTELECOMMUTE
We are a successful YouTube and eCommerce Company currently looking for someone to fill the role of product Videographer/Editor. Are you excited by hundreds of thousands of people each day seeing your work? You are a resourceful, imaginative, creative, and flexible professional. You get great satisfaction in making perfect-cuts, finding a rhythm, and bringing out the best in the products you film. Ideally, you have experience in filming/editing products for YouTube or Corporate Brands. You are eager to learn and you enjoy working with a wide-variety of projects from week-to-week, have knowledge and a genuine interest in computers, gadgets, and the tech industry, and keep up with trends as they come in and out of style. As our Videographer/Editor, you are expected to meet hard deadlines, make quick revisions, and be able to work independently as well as directly with other members of our team. You must have a good understanding of basic cinematography and preferably have prior experience shooting B-Roll for products. You will need to have your own camera and computer for editing to start. We will supply all other studio equipment as needed.
- Strong understanding/experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
- Prior experience working as a freelance editor, or casual video editing experience.
- Ideally you have shot videos, or worked as a freelance videographer.
- You have experience producing content for YouTube, Vimeo or other online platforms & websites.
- You have experience filming tech products and/or working with brands.
- The ability to handle multiple projects per week, and dozens of projects per month.
- Take quality notes, document work, and translate directives into a finalized product.
- Ability to understand project goals & vision.
- A genuine interest, love and understanding of technology & YouTube.
- Must be able to commute to our studio located in Liberty Village a minimum 3 days per week (No Free parking on site)
- 2 days per week that you can choose to work from home.
- Must keep studio clean and organized.
- Must own your own camera and editing laptop (+related equipment, Lens, SD Cards etc...). We will provide all other equipment as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- You will be filming and editing B-Roll for various tech products.
- You will be required to be able to work independently to complete full video edits.
- You will be assessing and testing the products that you film.
- Must be able to adhere and meet strict weekly workflow schedules.
- You will not need to have your face on-camera, but must be comfortable to have your hands/arms on camera to handle the products as required.
- Flexible 2 days in-studio and 2 day work from home. Additional "float" day (Studio as needed based on work for the week)
- Attractive salary.
- Friendly small team & easy work environment where you will truly feel the value of your contributions.
If you have read this far and feel that you are the right fit for us, we would love to hear from you.
TO APPLY, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. Incomplete applications will not be considered!
- Answer each of the 3 questions listed with the application! Section to answers each of these will be available with job posting
- 1. Provide Examples of product photography/video work (things you've filmed. Not projects you've once worked on)
- 2. Confirm you ability to commute
- 3. Tell us about the gear that you currently own/use
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person.
-April 7, 2021