- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
Our company a national IT consulting company, is seeking a Senior CloudOps Engineer to operate autonomously to solve real customer problems with smart and innovative solutions, end to end. You will work with teams including product architecture, implementation, deployment, and operations and use modern software engineering approaches like agile and scrum, cloud deployment, continuous and iterative software delivery, and data-driven decision making. This role can be contract based, permanent, and/or contract-to-hire.
Further responsibilities may include:
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Serve as the primary contact for our North America and India based Technologies teams for deployment issues.
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code.
- Serve as the primary contact for cost optimization and security of the infrastructure in cloud.
- Drive adoption of security best practices and awareness in the organization.
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of microservices and functional areas.
- Proactively manage your own work queue in JIRA, time, and expectations, meet deadlines and communicate needs and trade-offs if your schedule is in jeopardy.
- Manage ambiguity, work independently and collaboratively within the team, and switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environment.
- Expertise with AWS infrastructure (VPC, site-to-site and client VPN, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS Fargate, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, WAF, Route 53, ACM, S3, Lambdas, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, RDS, EKS).
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, ELK and deploying applications on AWS.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, Sumologic, Loggly, Sentry or New Relic.
- Experience with managing Kubernetes cluster preferably AWS EKS and managing workloads with Helm charts.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency.
- Ability to present progress work to the Executive and business stakeholders for review and feedback.
- Experience of managing on-premises firewall and network infrastructure would be a plus is desired.
- Experience with identity management platforms such as 1Password, OneLogin, Okta and its integration with Active Directory is desired.
-April 8, 2021