Administrative Assistant (FullTime)
- Rate $23.50 per hour CAD 23.50 / HOUR
Mississauga, ON Canada
Vaughan, ON Canada
Etobicoke, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Administrative Assistant
- Duration 40 hours per week ongoing
- Education required Vocational training
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment Freelance/Contractor, OtherCONTRACTOR, OTHER
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ONVaughan ONEtobicoke ON
Job location: Brampton, Ont. The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional performance in the form of quality and quantity of work, innovation, creativity, insight, and solid administrative judgment.
Initially this will be a full-time onsite role until the candidate becomes familiar with the role. We may transition to 2-3 days a week with working at home an option.
COVID Precautions: The candidate will have their own personal/private office (locked to outsiders , if preferred). We have set up lexan plastic COVID screens in the office and a window where paperwork etc may be transferred to minimize face/face contact. We have standing rules in our distribution center that all people entering the DC must wear approved face masks (even in offices) to reduce the possibility of Covid exposure, and have a detailed disinfection program with our building cleaners that ensures common touch surfaces and areas are disinfected 6 times per day.
We are very serious about minimizing the chance of encountering the virus at our DC and we have been successful to date in minimizing exposure to everyone working in the building.
Note that applicants to this role will be interviewed by Canadian Tire and the successful candidate will work through one of our agency employee partners). This agency will administer payroll and related issues with the new employee for the duration of the role.
• This is a full-time position. Estimated minimum (1) year commitment
• Job is (40) hours per week
• Initially this will be a full-time onsite role until the candidate becomes familiar with the role. We may transition to 2-3 days a week with working at home an option.
• Due to the need to be available to hourly shift employees, two or four of the 8-hour shifts may be required to work early (6am) or stay late (to 8pm) as is most convenient to the applicant. This would be on Mon or Tue and Thu or Fri
• Compensation is $23.50 per hour, less all applicable deductions.
• Assist the Maintenance Manager to effectively manage workload and time
• Act as a key contact for clear communication and understanding information with internal clients, while providing reliable and timely resolution to inquiries
• Screen all incoming mail, and handle/pass onto suitable personnel when required, prioritizing the remainder for the Manager
• Proactively manage day-to-day administrative activities
• Coordinate time, travel, meetings, material to ensure the Manager operates efficiently and effectively
• Coordinate and assemble presentation material for regular team meetings, Joint Health & Safety meetings, Team Advisor meetings, etc.
• Prepare and submit expenses for reimbursement for team via Concur
• Prepare and submit electronically timesheets for the department staff, and manage staff vacation requests and schedules
• Prepare various correspondence in a variety of formats including letters, presentations, reports and projects
• Assist and coordinate staff moves and onboarding
• Provide technical support whenever needed by the team (i.e. – cell phones, computer equipment and phone equipment)
• Anticipate issues of relevance to the business units, making sound decisions, and escalating any issues in a timely manner
• Exercise sound judgment while being perceptive to sensitive and confidential matters
• Manage filing systems, requisitions, and supplies
• Conduct ongoing reviews of all administrative processes
• Take administrative lead for onboarding of new employees
• Educate internal customers on access to administrative data for future reference
• Manage incoming invoices for account coding, manager approval and forwarding to Accounts Payable
• Administrate Maintenance Tooling Reimbursement Program for employees, tracking eligible expenses, submissions and administering payouts
• Provide general admin support for AJ Maintenance Team and offsite teams at 2 remote sites
• Min. 5 years of administrative experience supporting management. Admin experience working with hourly workforce is an asset
• Demonstrated background in self-starting, taking lead on miscellaneous administrative initiatives and in improving admin methods or systems
• High demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office: Excel & Word. PowerPoint experience is an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong organizational skills with a keen sense of detail, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to exercise discretion and diplomacy in managing confidential information
• Demonstrated ability of taking ownership for the co-ordination of special projects and assignments
• Quick learner and able to make sound decisions
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, with strong customer focus and highly developed interpersonal communication skills
• Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to coach, influence, and negotiate
-April 8, 2021
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.