Laboratory Team Leader
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Sciences research
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Masters
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Physical Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
The role of the Laboratory Team Leader is to supervise all aspects of a specific group within the laboratory operations department. They lead the aspects of scheduling, resource management, technical, personnel, and compliance-related issues for a team of 5 chemists. They are responsible for planning, directing, and implementing improvements in systems, processes, and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and quality in the laboratory.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES &TASKS
- Implement operational objectives and plans for the department in the framework of the Company’s overall strategic plan
- Direct supervision of a unit or group of analytical chemists including responsibility for results in terms of cost, methods, and personnel.
- Lead the activities of performance appraisals
- Participate in the activities of hiring, discipline, salary appraisals
- Coordinate with business development and inside sales on the quotation, project initiation, and scheduling
- Determine a timeline for lab work, review timeline, and provide input in the overall study timeline
- Manage/direct work responsibilities of laboratory operations as well as prioritize tasks and resources.
- Oversee daily operations in the laboratory with respect to troubleshooting analytical instrumentation, out-of-specification/atypical result investigations, review and approval of protocols, analytical methods and reports, data interpretation and evaluation, etc.
- Participate in client, QA, facility, and project audits and prepare responses to the audits
- Initiate and implement plans to develop and improve areas in the laboratory for greater efficiency, productivity, and quality.
- Provide input and direction in strategic planning, capabilities development, and projections
Education & Experience
- M.Sc., or Ph.D in chemistry or related science
- 5+ years of practical work experience in pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical or contract analytical laboratories
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in the academic, pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industries including areas of Stability, QC, analytical R&D projects, and program management
- 3+ years of direct supervision of technical staff
- In-depth understanding of GMP/GLP/ISO requirements and compendial methods of testing
- Background in health and safety in regard to laboratory tests
- Knowledge of ICH guidelines and other regulatory requirements for stability and QC testing and method validation
- Demonstrated proficiency of chromatography (UPLC, HPLC, GC, TLC) and spectroscopic technologies (UV, IR) and Karl Fisher
-April 12, 2021