Senior Software Cloud Engineer - REMOTE
- Rate TBD
- Location Calgary, AB Canada (From home)
- Type of project IT & Software, Specialized Help, Writing/Translation Agile / Scrum Master, Engineering, Net Framework, Translation: English, Website development
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Calgary ABTELECOMMUTE
Job Title: Senior Software Cloud Engineer
Job Location: USA/Canada (PST time zone preferred)
Senior Software Cloud Engineer
As a team member of a world-class software product team, you will evolve in a highly collaborative environment to accomplish the following responsibilities:
· Actively contribute in a World-Class software engineering team leveraging Lean / Agile software practices and methodologies.
· Develop innovative features on Azure Cloud to extend the on-premise feature or migrate/duplicate the features to the Cloud.
· Actively participate in evaluating system issues and failures, helping to determine root cause and establishing a resolution plan;
· Participate fully in software engineering activities including advanced design, refinement, planning, development, daily standups, retrospectives, backlog grooming, etc.;
· Identify and research relevant technologies, perform Proof of Concepts, Prototypes, and recommend applications of such technologies for active development activities;
· Demonstrate at all time a continuous improvement mindset to drive process, practices, communication and environmental improvements;
· Constantly strive to innovate by creating elegant solutions to complex problems in a highly collaborative environment with peers, Product Management and Architecture teams;
· Personally, grow and evolve by leveraging available resources, trainings, peers and various learning activities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with 5+ years of related experience in software development.
· Strong and proofed experience in Microsoft Azure Microservice creation and experience in using Kubernetes and container technology
· Experience in SingalR, gRPC, WebSockets
· Experience in the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) industry a big plus;
· Demonstrable practical understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming techniques.
· Practical experience of Lean and/or Agile Software Development practices and methodologies.
· Proficient understanding of C# and the .Net Framework a must;
· Experience with built-in quality practices such as Unit Testing, Test Driven Development and leveraging code-bulletproofing tools.
· A practical understanding and experience with MS Windows, MS SQL Server and Active Directory.
· Experience with Azure DevOps
· Innovation and Creativity – to show a willingness to understand innovative ideas and to apply new insights to existing situations.
· Oral Communication – express key aspects of information clearly and concisely in undefined contexts.
· Results-oriented – orient activities and efforts toward achieving established tasks and functions while identifying and eliminating inefficiencies;
· Self-motivation for learning – demonstrates interest in acquiring new knowledge and new concepts;
· Must be fluent in English (spoken and written).
As part of our team, you'll build a strong career with a collaborative and highly knowledgeable team of people. We'll challenge you to think differently to achieve your goals. You'll have easy access to senior management, leading thinkers, and colleagues around the world. You’ll have direct access to our training platform where you can develop your professional and personal skills.
In addition to competitive salaries and inclusive benefits, we offer global career opportunities and travel to new places to inspire fresh, new thinking. We believe in rewarding and recognizing risk-taking and creativity. We also promote a healthy work-life balance as essential for your personal growth.
-April 12, 2021