Supply Chain Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Peterborough, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Finance, Logistics, Supply Management
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Peterborough ON
Our Engineering Services Inc. is recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to fill an opportunity in Peterborough, ON.
The Supply Chain Manager, Naval Handling Products will lead the operational performance of the external supply chain to deliver the required technology, quality, cost and delivery performance for Naval Handling Systems products team globally. You will lead the integration across multiple supply chain operating functions, providing direction in the resolution of technical and/or logistical issues and support constructive escalation to achieve timely results. You will also be responsible for influencing and executing the Naval Handling Systems sourcing and product strategies to support business growth and profitability. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the Planning and Control function within Naval Handling and will enable the achievement of business and customer requirements, though the project management and deployment of professionally capable resources. The scope covers the introduction and the direct management of initiatives throughout the product lifecycle that will involve changes to the supply chain, encompassing Supply Chain Design, pre-production control, readiness and effective program management of Supply Planning & Control projects.
Supplier Relationships - Responsibility for the effective day to day supplier relationship management and operational performance of Naval Handling Systems partners and suppliers.
Cost Management - Lead short and medium term cost improvement plans with designated suppliers that are aligned to integrated sourcing strategies. Understand suppliers’ manufacturing processes and associated cost drivers to support the development of cost engineering capabilities within the supply chain.
Strategic Sourcing - Where designated, responsible for supporting the program management and execution of sourcing activities, to meet the internal and external stakeholder requirements for current and future programs ensuring contractual coverage as appropriate.
Quality & Delivery - Responsible for the global quality and delivery performance of the external supply chain and the resolution of any performance related issues.
Processes and Procedures - Lead the team's compliance to company policies, processes and procedures, ensuring all purchasing records and documentation is correct and maintained in line with regulatory and governmental requirements. Internally, ensure the management of an integrated master program plan that defines all SCP&C key milestones, resources and statements of work and is risk assessed to achieve all Customer and SCU project/program related targets.
- Ensure that capable supply chain solutions are designed and implemented in order to meet the business and customer requirements
- Ensure the pre-production activities and data integrity is maintained for changes resulting from either Supply Chain Design Change or Re-introduction are effectively managed to ensure detailed plans will meet all business and customer requirements
- Ensure compliance with the Supply Chain Design and planning GQP and supporting organizational tools, providing functional input and guidance into the development of strategic supply chain designs throughout the life cycle
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Project Management, Purchasing, Finance, Logistics and/or Business Administration
- 5 years’ experience at a Management level
- Managed complex customer and supplier interfaces in a manufacturing environment
-April 15, 2021