- Rate TBD
- Location Peterborough, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project General support, Specialized Help Organizing, Technical support
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Peterborough ON
Reporting to the Quality Assurance and Business Improvement Manager, the Quality Technician will be responsible for performing incoming, in-process and final inspections, as well as providing professional technical support to the business in order to achieve effective operational control, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Perform incoming, in-process and final inspection of engineered and COTS components to drawing, purchase order, and technical requirements.
- Work closely with all facets of the business to identify, document, control and resolve non-conformities.
- Resolve issues through the robust application of problem resolution tools and methodologies.
- Undertake internal quality audits to ISO 9001, and Customer standards.
- Understand and drive compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a Quality Assurance role; or attainment of a College level quality assurance certificate.
- Familiarity with welding standards and specifications, understanding of non-destructive testing principals would be an asset.
- Familiarity with machine shop best practices and techniques.
- Familiarity with standard coating processes for ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Minimum of 2 years previous internal auditing experience.
- The ability to interpret mechanical drawings and product specifications, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Proficient in operating standard office software applications (MS Office).
- Experience working within an ERP system would be an asset (specifically SAP).
- Knowledge of Military and ASTM specifications.
- Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and establish/maintain effective relations.
-April 19, 2021