Estimator- Flat roof –Siding
- Rate TBD
- Location Ottawa, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Cost Reduction, Logistics
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Ottawa ON
Responsibilities and Duties
• Review proposal drawings and specifications to confirm the scope of work.
• Prepare accurate/detailed take-offs from project drawings using on-screen software.
• Communicate with customers regarding questions/discrepancies
• Experience working with RFI’s / RFP’s
• Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour, and equipment, and submit.
• Maintain a successful relationship with subcontractors for future bids.
• Bid follow up
• Support Project Coordination (Startup meeting, shop drawings, and submittals)
• Attending pre-tender site meetings to prepare an accurate estimate
• Prepare quotations and tenders.
• Stay current on addendums and drawing revisions before the time of tender.
• Ability to proofread work and to ensure tenders capture all required bid items.
• Follow up on your quotes and tenders and confirm the outcome
• Ability to attend job showings and create detailed notes for complete take off’s
• Positive relationships with existing General Contractors considered a bonus.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience in estimating large construction/roofing/siding projects.
• On-Screen takeoff software knowledge is an asset.
• Experience using MS Office suite and Adobe.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Hard-working and a problem solver.
• Positive and upbeat attitude.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in various types of roofing systems. (TPO, Mod Bit, EPDM, PVC)
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Proficient in Excel, Word, and other software
• Experience or ability to oversee junior estimators • Liaison with building owners, consultants, general contractors, and suppliers
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary
-May 7, 2021