Software Development Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (From home)
- Type of project IT & Software, Sales & Marketing Business Development, Website development
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BCTELECOMMUTE
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Job Location: Calgary AB, Canada (Prefer relocating to Calgary when COVID-19 situation allows)
Work from home during COVID-I9 period
Employee or Contractor is your choice.
Software Development Manager
What do you get to do in this position?
To lead a group of software engineers in developing and maintaining Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) software focused on SCADA Pipeline.
· This role is responsible for leading and steering a Software Development team in the design and development of software for Pipeline product in the Industrial IoT domain.
· The ideal person for this role is someone who wants (and enjoys) wearing multiple hats, from hands-on coding to project planning and leading a team to increase customer impact by providing innovative, quality software with speedy delivery.
· Passionate about continuous improvement and well versed with Scrum practices, Lean Agile, test driven development, extreme programming, and ensuring robust execution.
· Elicit and understand the requirements, feature design, scope planning, task breakdown and estimation, code development, regular reporting, documentation and delivery of timely solutions.
· Provide release estimates and monitor team velocity.
· Forecast and manage team budget, promote innovation and development ideas, solution designs and provide delivery estimates.
· Coach and develop Scrum Masters within the development team and undertake the role of Scrum Master when required.
· Oversee the formation of Scrum teams by ensuring team members are allocated appropriate based on skills, experience and development needs.
· Ensure all code is developed following R&D Software Development Process, which includes software design, documented code, code reviews, unit tests and adherence to Cyber Security standards.
· Participate and comment in review sessions (walkthroughs, spec and coding reviews).
· Ensure sufficient staffing levels of software developers and product specialists within the team identifying and growing any shortfall in skills.
· Remain compliant with all agreed internal and external quality frameworks.
Measures of Success:
· Delivery of quality product development to optimal level of technical ability and quality.
· Building high performing teams.
This job might be for you if you have or are:
· 7+ years as Software Development Manager.
· Technical software experience and knowledge to support design review, prioritization, issue resolution, etc., such as:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
· Knowledge of C++, C# and Microsoft .NET development framework.
· Technical Support
· System Integration
· Highly skilled facilitator and organizer.
· Proven experience of managing, leading and coaching others.
· Experience of working on multi-location and multi-national software development projects.
· Experience with similar products preferred.
· Experience of writing software where performance and integrity are critical.
· Computer engineering or computer science background, ideally in enterprise solutions and industrial automation.
· Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to manage teams based in geographically dispersed locations.
· Experience in driving and developing high-performance technical teams.
· Highly effective in a global and matrix environment.
· Clear and engaging communication and presenting style.
· Understand software architecture and design using Agile management.
· Will challenge conventional thinking, managing risk and influencing a broad cross-section of stakeholders.
· Builds rapport and robust relationships as well as influencing at all levels including.
· Resilience and resourcefulness to make change happen.
· Customer focused
· Quality focused
· Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
· Widely trusted
· Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
· Analyzes both success and failure for clues to improvement.
· Creates a climate where people are appreciated and want to do their best by nurturing strong morale and team spirit.
· Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
· Can comfortably handle risk, change and uncertainty.
Key Working Relationships:
· Product Owners
· Development Managers and Architects
· Program Managers, Training & Product Support
· Program Delivery Managers
· Testing & Configuration Management Teams
· Global Services Customer Support Management
· Solutions & Technology
· Development teams
· Business Development Managers
-May 10, 2021