Senior Merchandise Planning Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Sales & Marketing Merchandising , Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Reporting to the CMO-Product and Merchandising, this position is responsible for the development merchandise plans for wholesale and DTC businesses of the brand. Leads and manages the planning team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop, communicate, and execute merchandise financial plans (top down and bottom up) that support merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of the business.
· Strategizes and develops category assortment plans to maximize sales, margin realization, inventory, and profit.
· Participate in assortment planning through merchandise and product reviews. Develop assortment plans to the category level by channel.
· Analyze historical data and reflect current trends to identify risks and opportunities to the business. Conduct hindsight analysis to incorporate in season and future sales results.
· Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectations for wholesale and DTC channels.
· Prepares and drives monthly plan reviews with recommendations to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity.
· Work cross functionally with the Wholesale sale team to capture wholesale projections and bookings, DTC Buyer/Merchandiser and Sourcing lead to adjust inventory flow as required to meet budget.
· Provide other analysis related to driving business goals, quarterly post-mortems, exec meeting reporting.
· Actively engage in a variety of projects as the Tilley business expands including ERP launch to product team, E-commerce/store expansion, merchandising assortments/product development as categories grow.
· This role exhibits apparel/accessory industry expertise, the candidate will contribute to strategic, operational and process development in the growth of the Tilley business and brand.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Retail Merchandising
· 8+ years experience in merchandise planning and sales data management in apparel/accessory/retail industry
· Previous experience working with and/or implementing an ERP system.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel mandatory.
-May 14, 2021