PostgreSQL Developer - REMOTE
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (From home)
- Type of project IT & Software Microsoft SQL, Website development
- Duration contract, flexible ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BCTELECOMMUTE
Job Title: PostgreSQL Developer
Job Location: USA/Canada (PST time zone preferred)
Employee or Contractor is your choice.
The Database Developer will be responsible for design, development of transactional and analytical Database systems. Develop, manage, and updates data models, including physical and logical models. The candidate must be proficient in working with the business, capable of maintaining a working knowledge of the business' strategic direction.
• Develop data models to meet the needs of the organization's information systems.
• Manages the flow of information across various applications and departments using relational databases.
• Maintains data integrity by working to eliminate redundancy. Stays informed of the ways the organization uses its data.
• Interact with Users and SMEs to understand reporting requirements and identify the data sources to fulfill those reporting requirements.
• Data analyst skills to determine root cause problems for data integrity and data quality issues identified through QA or by business report owners.
• Provide status reports and create/contribute to project estimates.
• Create and maintain documentation for all projects.
• Experience with the PostgreSQL, PL/pgSQL, pgAdmin including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
• Experience with cloud technologies i.e., AWS RDS PostgreSQL, AWS RDS Aurora PostgreSQL
• Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON
• Strong foundation of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics, and isolation levels.
• Experience with techniques for addressing performance issues and ability to tune SQL queries.
• Experienced in ETL development, data analysis, mapping, and automated loading.
• Design and implement scalable database schemas and configuration.
• Experience with Business intelligence platform such as SiSense, PowerBI, Crystal Report or Domo.
• Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Strong documentation skills including experience creating data flow diagrams.
• A self-starting team player able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
• 5+ years of experience with AWS cloud-based development/deploy methodologies/best-practices.
-June 1, 2021