- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (From home)
- Type of project Sales & Marketing Fundraising/non profit
- Duration 13 months contract temporary ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ONTELECOMMUTE
We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced inclusive leader to join our team as Fundraising Coordinator. As a Fundraising Coordinator you will work in collaboration with the Fund Development team to advance the fund development goals of the organization to help us deliver our mission.
This is a 13 month parental leave contract. This role will report to the Director Fund Development.
What Success Looks Like
- Our funding partners feel confident supporting us. They look forward to working with us and trust us with their investment in Canada’s digital future.
- We maximize existing programs and create new and innovative ways for organizations and individuals to give generously and support our work
- We surprise and delight partners by sharing frequent impact reports and magic moments from our network.
- Funding deliverables are met and exceeded through close cross-functional internal collaboration and communication.
- Successfully prospect, solicit and on-board partners at the $25,000 and under level and work closely with the Director of Fund Development to secure partners at the $25,000 and over level
- Develop tailored proposals and grant applications that resonate with potential funding partners and reflect our strategic priorities.
- Support the development of our prospect pipeline through researching, identifying and qualifying potential corporate, individual, foundation and government funders.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to ensure our partners have a fantastic end to end giving experience and all funding deliverables are met.
- Respond to prospect and donor inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Contribute to data-driven decision making by tracking all activity in Salesforce.
- Draft quarterly and annual impact reports for partners and work cross-functionally to gather key metrics, stories, etc.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to surprise and delight our partners, through learning about their key interests and priorities and finding ways to share “magic moments” and engage them in initiatives.
- Coordinate check-in calls with key partners, including preparing meeting agendas, meeting briefs and recording meeting minutes.
- Work with Program Design and Program Delivery teams to ensure partner deliverables are incorporated into program execution and identifying new funding opportunities and areas for engagement.
- Coordinate and execute sponsor recognition and engagement events including corporate volunteer days; speaking events; etc.
- Attend our events, sponsor events and networking events as a representative of the Fundraising Team as required (requires flexibility to travel and work evenings/ weekends when necessary).
- Prepare thank you notes, tax receipts and related partner correspondence including handling all shipping.
- Brainstorm and develop new ways of recognizing sponsors on ongoing basis.
- You have one year or more of fundraising or related experience (sales, business development)
- You have post secondary education in marketing, fundraising, communications or combination of education and related experience
- You have strong relationship building skills, with comfort communicating in writing, by phone and in person
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in non-profit organizations preferred
- You are detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Experience working with Salesforce preferred
- You consider yourself tech-savvy, comfortable with learning new technology and digital tools.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where innovative thinking, solutions-oriented personality and perspective is highly valued
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto we are open to applicants across Canada. Our return to office plan is a hybrid model. That means you can continue to work remotely anywhere in Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required if/when safe to do so.
This role will report to the Director Fund Development.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Our company is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
***Important note: If you are viewing this job posting on Indeed or another aggregated site, please apply directly here instead
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
-June 1, 2021