- Rate TBD
- Location Calgary, AB Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media, Specialized Help 3D Modeling / AutoCad, Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Calgary AB
Our Calgary office has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Engineer (Civil or Mech) with either a land development or building background to join our team to help us maintain our momentum.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage our in house multi discipline technical services based on developing a scope of work, budget and schedule. This involves working with our project managers, design engineers, customers to ensure overall project success from inception to completion.
Preference will be given to applicants with practical experience related to any of the following facilities:
- Experience with commercial, retail, industrial and institutional buildings.
- Retail and bulk plant petroleum facilities that include gas bars, cardlocks, bulk plants, c-stores, car washes, pipeline and terminal type work.
- Medium sized commercial and industrial buildings.
- Building sciences that include renovations to existing office buildings, office space reconfiguration, and coordination and relocation of office staff.
- Municipal work.
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in the industry.
- Professional engineer in good standing with APEGA.
- Good understanding of building design and site plan approval / development permit processes.
- A working knowledge of relevant building construction design standards and codes including National Building Code, National Fire Code.
- Project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to co-ordinate projects with multi-disciplinary consultant team.
- Strong time management and commitment to deadlines.
- Possess excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer proficiency with experience in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Expertise in contract document production and construction detailing.
- Must be familiar with occupational health and safety regulations on construction sites.
- Comfortable on a job site and interacting with various construction trades.
- Candidate must be a team player and a self starter.
- A valid driver’s license with own vehicle would be an asset.
-June 2, 2021