- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Sales & Marketing Management Consulting, Market Research
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
Our Team is seeking an energetic, digital-savvy, experienced Marketing Manager (maternity leave contract or more extended) to build the organization's reputation and brand equity in the Canadian market. This role will be instrumental in developing our marketing strategy, working closely with the other members of the leadership team, our members and the innovation community.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Marketing Manager is responsible for working across the team to ensure the organization's credibility, a reliable force for digital transformation for Canadian companies, the economy, and Canadians' benefit.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, creative and driven individual who can think strategically and work to ensure the team has everything they need to build our brand and engage with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute the company’s marketing and communications plan
- Provide leadership across all marketing channels and create a portfolio of marketing assets to bring to life our brand, convey information about projects and communicate our value proposition
- Oversee the organization’s marketing vehicles, including website, marketing collateral, presentations, social media, events and community engagement to support the overall goals of the organization
- Oversee measurement, monitoring, optimizing and reporting on all marketing, communications and public relations efforts
- Manage the budget for communications and marketing
- Manage comprehensive content strategy and associated content management tools for all communication vehicles
- Support the delivery of key corporate priorities, including branding, website refresh, and the annual report and other corporate publications
- Work closely with Members to build strong relationships that will support our’s communications effort
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing marketing and communication strategies and marketing programs in public and private organizations, preferably within the technology sector;
- Demonstrated leadership in digital marketing - the use and application of the best available digital tools for communication, marketing and community engagement - you are tech-savvy and are always looking at new digital tools that can support your marketing efforts;
- Proven success handling all aspects of strategic and tactical communications at a fast-paced, multifaceted organization - you like thinking big picture, but equally enjoy getting your hands dirty with the tactical stuff;
- Experience in creating marketing collateral and presentations - you can design interesting, engaging and relevant material that will capture an audience and draw their interest;
- A good eye for visual content - you don't need to code, but you can look at a brochure or website and know what works and what doesn't (experience in web design, graphic design, UX, and UI is an asset);
- Strong project manager with outstanding organization and time management skills - you can juggle multiple projects, prioritize them, and you never miss a deadline;
- Ability to work independently without close supervision - you are given an end goal and enjoy figuring out the best path to get there;
- Phenomenal communication, copywriting, and editing skills - you have proficient command of the English Language, and you are not afraid to use it in creative ways;
- Positive, energetic attitude - you are a go-getter who consistently gets the job done and are proud of the work you do.
- Bonus: you are fluent in French
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable with an open mindset.
- Accountable and intelligent with strong interpersonal skills
- Digitally savvy and able to source new approaches and tools
- Able to distill complex items into simple things;
- Flexible and agile with an ability to problem-solve, create and figure things out;
- Resilient and able to juggle multiple priorities; and
- Positive and ‘can-do’ attitude and likes to have some fun.
-June 3, 2021