Mover / Warehouse Worker
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project General support Warehouse/Shipping
- Duration 2 months + contract ongoing
- Education required Less than high school
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization None
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
Shift: 07:00 AM - 03:30 PM
· Movers assist the First Seat Drivers with executing the storage pickups and deliveries which includes providing excellent customer service skills and taking direction from the on-site lead.
· Movers have to kneel, squat, reach, bend, lift and climb stairs frequently throughout their shifts.
· Their primary tasks include the moving, arranging, lifting and loading of small and large furniture items, storage boxes, bins and totes. Furniture items, boxes, bins and totes range in weight from 24lbs to 75lbs.
· Employees move boxes manually and via hand carts.
· Assist in processing items for storage and delivery. Packing, wrapping, marking and taping items so they are protected while in transport and storage.
· Protective footwear is required and shall meet ASTM F2413-11 “Standard Specification for Performance Requirements for Protective ( Safety) Toe Cap Footwear” and have a slip-resistant rating designated as “Better or Best”
Normal Work Schedule:
Location is open 7 days per week. Schedules based on business needs. Typically 8 to 9 hour shifts including 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks.
Description of position and job requirements:
· Employee’s primary duties include the moving, arranging, and lifting of small and large furniture items, storage boxes, bins and totes.
· Assemble and disassemble furniture items correctly without losing parts.
· Load and unload trucks securely to avoid damage to customer items.
· Clean and restock truck supplies at the end of each shift.
· Furniture items, boxes, bins and totes range in weight from 24lbs to 75lbs.
· Employees move boxes manually and via hand carts. Assist in processing items for storage and delivery. Packing, wrapping, marking and taping items so they are protected while in transport and storage.
· The work is very physical requiring the manual lifting, carrying, and moving/arranging of furniture, totes and boxes while standing, stooping, crawling, kneeling and twisting.
· Employees must be able to lift and carry items ranging in weight from 24-75 lbs on a regular basis, without assistance.
· Any weight heavy would require tandem lifting.
· Employees must be able to load and safely operate hand trucks and pallet jacks while walking on uneven and concrete surfaces.
· Walk, stand, kneel, squat, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
· Work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push, pull, and carry boxes including up and down inclines, stairs, and over changes in walking surface/elevation
· Read and write English
· Lift and move boxes, read labels, and process incoming and outgoing orders.
· Operate hand held scanner
· Climb and balance on Ladder Carts (not step ladders)
· Lift and carry furniture items, totes and boxes weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance for prolonged periods
· Employee must be able to load, operate and move hand carts, pallet jacks and various other material handling aids
· Load and shrink wrap pallets at ground level, or on carts
· Load furniture items, totes and boxes onto pallets and load pallets onto trucks manually and with material handling aids
-June 10, 2021