- Rate TBD
- Location Peterborough, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Finance, Logistics, Supply Management
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Peterborough ON
Our Engineering Services Inc. is recruiting for a Logistics Coordinator to fill an opportunity in Peterborough, ON. As a Logistics Coordinator, you will be accountable for the day-to-day management of Logistics for the Naval Handling business located in Peterborough, Canada. Your responsibilities will include the management of operational performance and physical logistics supporting the part movement, goods receipt, shipping, and storage. You will also report into the Corporate Defence Logistics team covering a variety of topics regarding international logistics and warehousing strategies. SAP experience and material management will be considered an asset.
- Act as single point of contact for Logistics for the Naval Handling – Defence business
- Be the subject matter expert within Logistics for all supporting processes
- Create, implement and manage optimized transportation, warehousing, material handling and container management
- Delivery of Logistics project milestones on-time, under cost and within agreed scope
- Coordinate international shipments with service providers to make on time deliveries to customers
- Coordinate with supply chain to ensure vendor shipments arrive within planned timelines
- Ensure that business requirements are realized and Quality, Cost, Delivery and Responsiveness are optimized
- Participate in contractual discussions aimed at maintaining, improving or changing freight forwarder and customs broker relationships as required
- Manage, maintain & develop the appropriate working relationships with the business functions and regulatory authorities
- Coordinate and Plan all Business Continuity / Risk Aspects for Logistics
- Report and track all Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Customer Furnished Equipment (CFE) currently on site. This also includes participation in site audits
- Continuously improve the performance of processes to ensure compliance through standardised processes using IT to provide consistent data transfer to interfacing systems.
- Prepare all documentation for shipments, including Packing Lists, Commercial Invoices, Bills of Lading, Export Permits, B-13s and labels. Ensure that NAFTA Certificates are current and compliant.
- Ensure compliance to defined business and regulatory rules, regulations and standards. Including the retention of records in agreement with internal and external requirements.
- Support internal and external audits. Plan, prepare and manage any audit actions to close out within the agreed timescales.
- Update process documentation to reflect regulatory requirements
- Support defined projects in line with project milestone plans
- Post-secondary education in Project Management, Purchasing, Finance, Logistics and/or Business Administration
- Managed complex customer and supplier interfaces in a manufacturing environment
-June 10, 2021