Event and Experiential Marketing Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Sales & Marketing, Writing/Translation Brand Ambassador/Promotional Event Rep, Management Consulting, Marketing Consultant, Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration contract hours
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Montreal QC
Our Group have an opportunity for a professional experienced individual who will be responsible for planning, managing and the producing digital, hybrid and in person events and experiential marketing campaigns from concept to delivery to post-production. The ideal candidate for this position, thrives in a fast-paced work environment, is experienced with managing client relationships, possesses a proactive solutions-oriented approach, is a team player and is fluently bilingual (French/ English).
Leadership & Relationship Management (10%)
Systematic identification, analysis and planning of actions to lead, communicate with and influence internal & external stakeholders. Stakeholders include those who have an influence /interest in /impacted by or have role within the project (e.g. internal team, departments, MCI global, clients and vendors).
- Advocate and control the MCI standards of quality according to all SOPs, tools and systems in use
- Build and manage effective project teams, based on team members' availability, strengths, weaknesses and cultural profiles
- Coordinate workflow and volume of others
- Capacity to build a high-level client credibility, trust and integrity.
- Demonstrate and communicate acceptable day-to-day behaviour that matches MCI values
- Sense other people's emotions, understand their perspective, and take an active interest in their concerns. Also to be sensitive towards cross cultural differences.
- Lead by example and delegate responsibility and empower others where necessary and appropriate
- Maintain standards of honesty and integrity, embody corporate values and exhibit ethical behaviour in one's actions, daily and visibly
- Build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders (internal: team, external: clients & vendors)
- Communication: ability to listen and send clear, convincing, and well-tuned messages internally and externally.
- Conflict management & resolution: De-escalate disagreements and orchestrate resolutions.
- Display pro-active leadership style with all stakeholder relationships
- Listen and send clear, convincing, and well-tuned messages internally and externally
- Resolve stakeholder conflicts (internal and external)
Project Management (65%)
Effectively manages project/events (design, plan, organize, deliver and measure) by effectively creating and executing against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget).
- Fully manage and execute high-level project(s) including virtual, hybrid and face-to-face meetings and experiential marketing campaigns
- Project Team Management – manage a pre-planning internal team and manage large-scale on-site staffing requirements
- Acquire detailed knowledge about all project parameters at all times, independent of size, scope and team size
- Responsible to host live digital Events primarily as webcast / multimedia producer.
- Effectively plan and execute all project details from start of project to successful execution
- Ensure client communication is high priority – including: (i) frequent (daily or multiple times per week) updates; (ii) meetings agendas (sent at least 1 business day in advance); (iii) contact reports (sent maximum 1 business day post event); (iv) Critical Path (weekly updates)
- Adjust and remain flexible to changing situations (embrace change) and overcome obstacles/difficulties
- Address and find appropriate resolution of client complaints
- Assign tasks to individuals based on skills and areas of expertise
- Autonomously manage complex projects in an efficient and profitable manner, identify opportunities, threats, weaknesses and dangers
- Ensure internal Event Safety & Security Tool (ESST) assessment is conducted on all events
- Communicate key parameters / threats and actively seek & recommend corrective action to stakeholders
- Draft proposals which meet client needs/expectations based on solid research & accurate information; providing pricing with focus on the client need
- Implement risk management techniques to minimize disruption and deal with problems that arise proactively
- Implement sustainability management practices/plan
- Meet and even improve standards of excellence
- Transmit in an effective way: knowledge, best practice and experience
- Articulate value of sustainability approach to client and implement sustainability event management practices
- Understand factors involved in the Procurement Decision, and how to find Global and Local Preferred Partners
- Manage and coordinate all vendors and other third parties
- Ensure on-site delivery and management of project on project date(s)
- Managing project elements such as registration, production, venue logistics, collateral needs, food and beverage, décor, entertainment, gifting, travel, etc.
- Coordinating meetings and calls to connect all key vendors for project discussion and brainstorming solutions
- Supporting Operations department by assisting other Project Managers in specific components of projects
- Participating in creative brainstorming and development sessions
- Connecting vendor material (scripts, creative briefs, etc.) from the vendor to the client
- Participating in weekly conference calls for project to provide client with up the minute updates on project status
- Support Registration Team on registration sites from the initial copy deck, initial site build, multiple client and MCI revisions, facilitate creative design and input and final testing and “go live”. After site is launched, monitoring event status and providing client with updates.
- Working with Air Manager or 3rd party vendor to arrange specific client air/train travel requirements (if applicable)
- Anticipating collateral needs, providing copy and working with creative director to provide collateral solutions to client
- Managing (or supporting Coordinators) in all project documents (function sheets, confirmation and welcome letters, itineraries, etc.), including copy and collateral design
- Managing entire on-site execution of the event, including staffing, vendors, client, etc.
- Review (second eyes) documents for both own projects and colleagues’ projects.
- Work collaboratively with other Managers and Coordinators
- Post-event – conducting internal and client de-briefs, sending Customer Satisfaction Survey, completing all necessary MCI reporting
Financial Accountability (20%)
Apply MCI's financial processes; prepare, justify and administer the project/event budget; oversee sourcing and contracting to achieve desired results; monitor expenditures, cash flow, maximize GM and use cost/benefit thinking to set priorities.
- Accurately calculate amounts to be invoiced and paid
- Calculate budget for a project or event (allocate budget amounts for project or events categories/activities)
- Create accurate payment schedules (visibility on planned receivables, payables) which align with signed contracts and protect MCIs cash flow
- Define, identify ad-hoc & apply opportunities for improved budget performance (profit maximization)
- Maintain accurate budget versions updated at all times (weekly/monthly)
- Manage positive cash flow daily: receivables, payables, inventory
- Monitor and control revenues and expenses
- Specify fixed and variable costs
- Ensure final reconciliation and account billing is sent to client within deadline perimeters
Administration & IT (5%)
Completes procedures, documents, forms, reports that are essential to the day-to-day operations of project/events. Masters the systematic use of MCI & other available templates, tools & IT systems.
- Assess and match relevant information systems to better meet stakeholders needs
- Recommend adjustment changes to systems, forms, documents, procedures, policies, etc., that will increase effectiveness of the project(s)
- Minimum of five years of directly relevant industry experience, demonstrating consistent progression in roles and responsibilities, including at least three years in an Event Manager or Experiential Marketing Manager role
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality/Event Management, Business or other related field, or equivalent experience
- CMP designation an asset, but not mandatory
- Experiential marketing experience, an asset, but not mandatory
- Ability to act as Project Lead on large and complex projects and to communicate effectively with C-level clients
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple assignments simultaneously with efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written professional communication skills are essential
- Great customer service orientation and a positive attitude
- Well-developed time management skills with a logical approach to work: highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Responsible and able to work both independently and with project teams for individual events
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive under pressure
- You are familiar with webcast, streaming platforms, audio and/or web conference platforms to create and execute a virtual meeting experience
- Strong computer skills are a must: (i) highly proficient levels in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook: (ii) Effectively able to use computer software and technology to organize and present client data and information
- Fluent written and spoken English and French is essential, with strong business communication skills. Other languages are an asset
- This role is a demanding position which will require travel and work on evenings and weekends
- May be required to be outdoors for extended periods of time
- Moderate lifting especially during on-site execution of events, and a considerable amount of walking and standing is expected
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a suitable applicant is found. If you meet the experience and skills requirements, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to the Human Resources Manager.
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
-June 25, 2021