Accounts Payable Clerk (maternity leave contract)
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Sales & Marketing, Writing/Translation Accountant, Communication, Translation: English
- Duration 15 months contract, fulltime ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
POSITION TITLE: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
REPORTS TO: Accounts Payable Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk will support the accounts payable function by performing various accounting, clerical, and administrative duties.
POSITION OBJECTIVES: The objectives of the Accounts Payable Clerk are as follows:
- Complete daily reconciliation of receiving log and investigate discrepancies;
- Match vendor invoices with receiving receipts; ensure quantities and pricing;
- Resolve GRN discrepancies with receiving department;
- Resolve price discrepancies on vendor invoices with Purchasing Department; and
- Update inventory prices.
- Reconcile freight invoices with freight reports, identify discrepancies and resolve with Shipping Department;
- Obtain proper authorization for vendor invoices from relevant departments;
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices into Syspro;
- Review and address discrepancies concerning vendor invoices and statements;
- Ensure payment credits are applied correctly;
- Calculate supplier discounts, as applicable, and issue payments in a timely manner;
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable;
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries;
- Maintain vendor accounts while maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Process weekly payments-run and manual cheque requests, including commissions and spiff payments;
- Assist with audit support, as necessary;
- Cooperate with members of the Accounting Department to resolve account issues;
- Monthly reporting for statistics Canada; and
- Other duties as assigned.
In order to thrive in our fast-paced, highly flexible work environment the candidate must possess the following:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Must be capable of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and a good analytical ability;
- Must be able to multitask with strongly developed organizational skills;
- Must be able to multitask while staying organized;
- Must be able to sit for extended periods;
- Must be able to work independently within a team setting;
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Must demonstrate sound judgement and professionalism.
- Post-Secondary diploma/degree in Accounting (or related field) from a recognized college/institution;
- Strong understanding of accounting principles is an asset;
- 3-5 years of accounts payable or general accounting experience;
- Strong is MS Office and Excel required;
- Experience with Syspro is considered an asset; and
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and fluent in English.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: To support our entrepreneurial approach, our home office is a mix of open office and manufacturing facility.
COMPENSATION: Base Salary
We look forward to hearing from you; please submit your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations).
ALLSEATING is an equal opportunity employer. If applicable, in accordance with AODA standards, please inform ALLSEATING of accommodations that are required during the recruitment process.
-July 1, 2021