Director, Research - Contract Review/Vendor Management (CR/VM)
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance , Management processes
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
- Analyze and evaluate for comment on IT contracts with the ability to discuss recommendations with members.
- As a subject matter expert, write and publish research designed to provide our members with what they need to be successful IT professionals.
- Leverage our research to assist members through the process of executing projects or process improvements either remotely (working through a series of structured calls) or onsite (working through structured 5-day workshops).
- Provide measurable value to our clients through the various services provided: research, calls, and workshops.
- Contribute to our's Research Agenda planning activities by identifying trends in IT contracting and Vendor Management, proposing research topics, and developing research outlines and scoping documents.
- Develop research content through the creation of best practice methodologies, blueprints, analytical reports, case studies, and industry and technology research.
- Develop technology content and articles for third-party media as part of our´s PR activities.
- Deliver or co-deliver seminars in client events organized, as well as partner events.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required (business or technology preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent presentation skills and facilitation experience: client-facing workshops, training sessions, and consulting engagements.
- Strong relationship building and management skills. Experience gaining and maintaining trusted advisor status with senior management and C-level executives.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience working within a mid to large IT procurement/sourcing department or with an IT vendor or analyst firm.
- Certifications in an IT, Procurement or project management related topic e.g. PMP, COBIT, ITIL, CTPE an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in Vendor Management and IT Contract Review.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft or Oracle licensing, contracts and pricing preferred.
Requirements & Skills:
- Understanding of the key management processes within an IT department.
- Demonstrated experience working in a Vendor Management or IT Procurement/Sourcing role.
- Strong client advisory and service delivery skills; the ability to lead clients through complex projects, build relationships and establish reputation as a trusted advisor, and lead clients through structured working sessions.
- Prior experience in applying primary and secondary research, along with superior analytical and written communication skills, to produce high-quality research for our members.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must be flexible and have ability to travel (25-50%) to deliver workshops onsite at client locations both within and outside of North America. Must be eligible to obtain TN Visa for work with US clients, unless you are a US resident.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be available for after-hours call booking twice per month for two hours each time.
-July 5, 2021