C#/.Net Web Developer
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (From home)
- Type of project IT & Software Software Engineer, Website development
- Duration contract temporary ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ONTELECOMMUTE
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will flourish and lead in a focused and talented development environment where innovation and creativity are encouraged.
In this role, you will work independently with little supervision and amongst peers. You should have the ability to think strategically and respond quickly to multiple priorities and deadlines. As well as excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
The C# .NET Software Developer position will see you involved in developing various web-based, data-driven solutions in a large enterprise .NET 4.5+ application as well as supporting the creation and maintenance of other applications. You will be working alongside an industry-experienced team in using cutting-edge technologies to create and maintain product features.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Work in conjunction with stakeholders, research and development team members, and support our technology business decisions by assisting in product development and research concepts and initiatives
- Take ownership of deliverables and provide leadership as a senior member of the team, resolving impediments and executing technical direction throughout
- Identify/analyze system issues, estimate time, recommend enhancements and commit to a development plan
- Participate in all phases of the development cycle, including planning, daily standups, demos and retrospectives
- Implement best practices for testing, deploying, and developing code
- Improve the quality of all solutions by actively participating in the testing process through unit testing and bug fixes
- Interface with other technology teams to ensure issue-free deployments
- Continuously engage with other development teams to identify and resolve cross-team dependencies/issues, always looking for ways to improve
- Participate in and enforce a peer code review process, ensuring adherence to standards and proper implementation
- Set and showcase high standards and act as a mentor by demonstrating and enforcing the right developer behaviours to ensure both quality and efficiency
- Remain up-to-date in emerging trends in software development through education, advocating for their adoption where and when appropriate
- Enhance the R&D team’s technical capabilities. Drive the right technology choices for both immediate and long-term growth through rapid prototype and research.
- 3+ years developing ASP.NET MVC web applications in C#
- 3+ years developing on SQL SERVER (writing queries, functions, sprocs, UDT, CLR, etc.)
- Experience with code-first database development
- Experience with web deployments and web server technology (Windows Server, IIS)
- Experience with source control systems such as TFS, GIT, and SVN
Nice to Have
- Experience with .NET LINQ-to-SQL and LINQ-to-Entities
- Experience with responsive design and front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap, React
- Understand cloud technology and know about different cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to lead projects independently but also work with others
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related fields, or equivalent experience. Plus at least three years of successful experience in the design and development of software applications.
Temporary work-from-home COVID-19 precautions:
-July 12, 2021