- Rate TBD
- Location Calgary, AB Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Cost Reduction, Forms preparation
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Calgary AB
Proposal Writer / Coordinator
This position works very closely with our project estimators and senior management to put together proposals and marketing content for bid opportunities. Scope of work would generally involve the following, but also depends greatly on the skills, abilities, and experience of the right candidate. This is just a basic list of work involved:
. Working with project estimator and management to schedule and plan for upcoming bid opportunities, identifying areas of focus for each project, and general planning of layouts, content ideas, and writing needs for each.
· Working closely with the estimator to take notes and generate quality, written long form content. Reading through proposal requirements and specifications and tailoring written content to closely match and answer requested items.
· Work with estimator on daily basis during the tender period to generate content, make revisions, edit, and refine as closing date approaches.
· Work under pressure and with multiple deadlines, working on several proposals simultaneously all with hard closing dates.
· Take notes, advice, and information from estimators, management, and key personnel to explain our approach, methods, resources, experience, and technical information on how Wilco will complete the project. Continual learning through experience to understand key components and be able to write content more independently over time.
· Develop your role as a key part of our estimating team, contributing ideas, concepts, and plans on how to approach and how to be successful on a proposal.
· Generate marketing materials for other purposes as well, including brochures/booklets and printed materials.
· Work closely with photographers and surveyors as well as others to source content for upcoming proposals.
· Manage fully Wilco’s photo library, organizing into projects, as well as creating a database or pool based on content of photos, or key components to be used.
· Taking input from key subcontractors and suppliers to generate or refine content to include in our submissions.
· Participating in pre-bid meetings and do online research independently to note key areas of focus, items of concern/issues to clearly respond to, and to find ways to make our proposal clear and professional.
· Working with personnel in other Wilco locations (SK, BC etc.) to collaborate and pursue opportunities, share ideas and resources.
· Maintain a digital file database of all proposal content to draw from on future opportunities.
· Complete post-proposal debriefs with all client groups, receive, and note areas to improve on, or items to note for our ongoing improvements. Constant learning and improvement based on our results and those of our competitors.
· Maintain professional resumes for key staff, and project profiles for ongoing works to draw from for proposal content.
· Ongoing personal training and upgrading of skills, including proposal writing, graphic layout, editing, technical training and learning about past projects and methods.
· Maintain and manage key learnings, lessons learned, and other items for key projects. Learn areas of expertise for project managers and key personnel.
Experience and familiarity with the following would be highly valuable:
· Graphic design and layout using InDesign or similar software.
· Photography experience and photo editing
· Website development and management, social media presence
· Drone photography
· Working with MS Project to create project schedules base on notes from management.
· Experience in civil or landscape construction or architecture is an asset, including familiarity with our industry.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and professional individual, highly self-motivated, interested in continually learning and improving, and works well within a team of others.
We look forward to talking to you and discussing in further detail!
-July 12, 2021