Junior .NET/SQL Developer
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada
- Type of project IT & Software Microsoft SQL, Website development
- Duration contract hours
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ONTELECOMMUTE
We are looking for an individual who will flourish and grow within our company. The company offer a high-energy environment where innovation and creativity is encouraged.
In this role, you will work independently and collaborate amongst peers. You should have the ability to think strategically and respond quickly to multiple priorities and deadlines as well as excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
The Junior .NET/SQL Developer position will involve setting up new client sites through the use of our proprietary event management software. You will be required to collaborate across the different operations teams at each stage of the development cycle.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Working closely with a team of project managers, designers and developers to implement client business requirements for building event registration sites
- Coding business logic through SQL stored procedures, functions and .NET custom controls
- Adhoc data mining by writing custom database queries
- Travelling onsite to events as technical support (if and when safe to do so).
- 1+ years experience and understanding of ASP.NET web applications in C#
- 1+ years experience and understanding of relational databases using SQL
- 1+ years experience with Microsoft development stack: Visual Studio, Azure, SQL Server
- Experience with responsive design
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Familiarity with REST APIs and web services
- Up to date with the latest design trends and patterns.
- Capable of handling heavy workload within established time frames
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in workload and adjust quickly as circumstances dictate
- Can work independently and initiate with little direction
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related disciplines. Plus, at least one year of successful experience in an implementation/development role.
-July 12, 2021