Laboratory Supervisor - ISO, (15 month contract)
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Pharmaceutical consultant
- Duration contract hours
- Education required PHD
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Medical and Health Professions
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
Reporting to the Director of Lab Operations, the role of the Laboratory Supervisor is to supervise all aspects of a specific laboratory group within the laboratory operations department. The Lab Supervisor leads a team of up to 5 members on the aspects of scheduling, resource management, technical, personnel and compliance-related issues. The Lab Supervisor is also responsible for planning, directing, and implementing improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES &TASKS
- Oversee daily operations in the laboratory with respect to troubleshooting analytical instrumentation, out-of-specification/atypical result investigations, review and approval of protocols, analytical methods and reports, data interpretation and evaluation, etc.
- Ensure delivery of results meeting appropriate quality and compliance standards within the prescribed timeline.
- Manage the availability of supplies, instruments, resources, methods, protocols for new and ongoing tests.
- Manage and coordinate the handling of biohazardous waste generated from the lab.
- Manage scheduling for all ongoing biochemistry and molecular biology projects, including but not limited to: Non-GMO testing, microbial screening with PCR and COVID-19 PCR screening tests.
- Provide direct supervision of a unit or group of Biochemists, Biotechnicians, and Research Analysts and having accountability on overall team performance.
- Provide technical leadership on all ongoing projects.
- Lead the activities of performance appraisals and performance conversations.
- Participate in the activities of hiring, discipline, salary appraisals.
- Determine a timeline for laboratory work, review the timeline in coordination with project management.
- Initiate project and provide status updates on project progress.
- Manage/direct work responsibilities by prioritizing tasks and resources.
- Participate in client, QA, facility and project audits and prepare responses to the audits.
- Initiate and implement plans to develop and improve areas in the laboratory for greater efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Provide input and direction in strategic planning, capabilities development, and projections.
- Implement operational objectives and plans for the department in the framework of the Company’s overall strategic plan.
Education & Experience
- M.Sc., or Ph.D. in biochemistry or related science
- 5+ years of practical work experience in pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical or contract analytical laboratories
- 3+ years of team leadership experience in the academic, pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industries including areas of Stability, QC, analytical R&D projects and program management
- 1+ years of direct supervision including recruitment and performance capabilities of technical staff
- In-depth understanding of GMP/GLP/ISO requirements and compendial methods of testing
- In-depth knowledge of biosafety guidelines for CL2 laboratory
- Background in health and safety in regard to laboratory tests
- Knowledge of ICH guidelines and other regulatory requirements for stability and QC testing and method validation
- Demonstrated proficiency in molecular biology (DNA/RNA extraction, qPCR, RT-PCR), biochemistry (protein extraction and quantification, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA)
-July 14, 2021