- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Engineering, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
Responsible for managing the day to day project operations to ensure the standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. Responsible to increase revenues via organic growth and via client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide structure, support, administrative systems and methodologies to meet project contract obligations in relation to Infrastructure quality, safety, contractor agreements, procurement, cost control, scheduling and estimating management processes and procedures.
- Proactively respond to issues that impact on contract requirements and facilitate solutions in timely manner; share methodologies that will bring about improvements systemically.
- Organize, direct, manage and coordinate the project team members to build teamwork and ensure high performance within asset operations & maintenance.
- Drives the company values and ensures the values are incorporated into the development, management and performance of the team. Seeks to develop employees professionally to include safety, quality, customer service and general business proficiency.
- Comply with Company Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Safety programs, policies, systems and procedures including federal, state and local legislations and statutory.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with the Client, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Oversee planning, estimating, procurement, and financial responsibilities to optimize cost/benefit through.
- Interfaces with regulatory teams to support Fire/Life/Safety approval process.
- Monitor financial performance, conduct financial analysis and prepare performance information and recommendations for incorporation into the periodic reports to management.
- Monitor contract and project compliance with the company’s policies and procedures in relation to legal, financial, safety and administration matters.
- Provide input into the development, review, negotiation and implementation of subcontractor and supplier agreements in order to gain the best possible return for the contract.
- Establish and report appropriate metrics for measuring contract performance.
- Responsible for the overall safety of all project personnel. Promotes a positive safety culture in the work place through personal example and by requiring full compliance of all safety policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the customer that reflects a partnership approach and demonstrates sound understanding of the customer’s needs. Develops a customer service culture throughout the project. Effectively resolves problems and concerns of the client.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Monitors Rehabilitation activities to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished, to include O & M Manual development, design review, planning, and facility/system acceptance following renewal/rehabilitation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of asset management within facility maintenance, repairs, and operations.
- Experience with project management concepts, related processes, principles and their application. Must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to negotiate, coordinate and plan effectively. The incumbent must possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- A well organized, self-directed individual with the ability to provide strong leadership, possess the ability to manage and organize multiple priorities, maintain a significant customer focus and positive customer service attitude.
- Standard engineering and MS Office software proficiency to include Microsoft word, excel, access and project, in addition to CMMS applications specific to DataStream (MP2) / INFOR (EAM).
- This position requires a highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability. Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Must be able to communicate with co-workers’ safety instructions.
- Must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job
- As a supervisor, you are required to lead by example; encourage co-workers and supervised employees to correctly use PPE; follow proper safety rules of conduct, take appropriate corrective actions, including the initiation of disciplinary action to enforce the use and observance of PPE and safety rules within your area of supervised responsibility.
- Must be willing and able to meet any specific project contractual obligation.
- Must be willing and able to pass Advanced DOT (or MTO if applicable) training
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience (Required)
- Transportation / Road asset management experienced (particularly Operations & Maintenance is highly desired and a plus to a candidate!)
- Professional Engineering License (Highly desired)
- 5-10 years industry experience; previous facility management or supervisory experience (Required)
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record (Required)
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
- Office and Field Environment in heat and cold
- Minimal travel required
- 24/7 Operations-Occasional holidays, nights, weekends are required.
- Work over and around water
- Working from heights
- Working in tight spaces
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Working in traffic
- Minimal reaching, bending, squatting, walking
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
-July 19, 2021