- Rate $30 $ - 46$ per hr per hour CAD 30 $ - 46$ per hr / HOUR
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Job Description: What’s in store.
This position is responsible for leading, directing, and coordinating the day-to-day work of subcontractors, labourers, field engineers, interns, and any other personnel that is present on the site. Site superintendents are responsible for ensuring safety protocol, schedule delivery, quality of work performed on-site, and budget allocation are aligned with MGI’s standards and company objectives. The hours of work will consistently range from 40 to 50 hours per week, (7 am–5 pm) depending on the contract and timeline—overtime, weekends and/or evenings also may be required with regards to the aforementioned.
Responsibilities: What’s typical.
Site superintendents will come across and engage with tasks such as:
- Develop sound strategies that identify and mitigates risks and maximizes opportunities to ensure all financial targets, including budgets, forecasts, and profitability levels are met
- Administer contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, site instructions and change notices to ensure scopes, terms, and conditions are properly executed
- Identify and advise of design deficiencies, schedule interruptions or difficulties, and any other project issues that may arise
- Ensure the compliance of all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable Occupational Health & Safety Acts / Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements
- Mentor project team members, ensuring career growth and development
- Review, understand and abide by the contract and subcontracts of the project
Skills and Training: What’s preferred.
- Reliable transportation, such as a G-license
- Transparent and direct communication
- A love for the outdoors: summer through winter
- Leadership in health, safety, and environmental protection
- Experience within the industry
- Active collaboration with project stakeholders
- Complex problem-solving and critical thinking
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess a valid or be willing to obtain the following certifications: WHIMIS, Elevated/Aerial Work Platform, Working at Heights/Fall Arrest
Salary and Compensation: What’s rewarded.
We encourage applicants of all educational backgrounds, ages, genders and experience levels. Your hourly wage rate will depend on your education, experience, and skill level and will include opportunities to grow your career and increase your salary. We offer competitive salaries.
-July 20, 2021