- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Engineering, Management processes
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
Responsible for managing the day to day operations to ensure the standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively manage the safe, effective and efficient ongoing traffic operations, Maintenance of Traffic (MOT), incident response.
- The performance of the team in incident and emergency management, MOT
- Control and monitor subcontractor access to the Project
- Manage and report statistics/metrics as related to contractual timeframes and other key data
- Manage the timely preparation and delivery of reports in accordance with Contract requirements
- Coordinating the response to on-road incidents in accordance with the Incident Management Plan
- Manage recruitment, training, conditions of employment, performance reviews and disciplinary processes, and ongoing development;
- Perform weekly post incident review and audits of operator performance, and incident response staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including: client, Law Enforcement, Fire Department, 911 call centers and other road operators.
- Maintain and periodically review and improve the content of the Operations Manual and all associated documentation including the Incident Response Plan, Incident Management Plans, and sub-plans in adherence with the Contract and relevant standards and company requirements
- Develop and drive a culture of safe work practices in accordance with Company’s Safe Work Procedures
- Ensure that accidents, dangerous occurrences and close calls in the workplace are reported and thoroughly investigated.
- Manage the delivery of operational services in accordance with the approved budget and identify ways to continuously improve budgetary performance, such as by the saving of electrical power, minimizing of overtime, etc.;
- Report on Operational performance to the Project Manager for review and as a basis for improvement.
- Review specific operations systems, plans, procedures, work instructions
- Develop and deliver training programs for the Incident Management Plans and other key Operational processes required to consistently deliver at a high standard;
- Coordinate and schedule contract maintenance activities
- Assist the Project Manager and other team members as required to ensure the successful delivery of contract obligations.
- All other duties as assigned by Project Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of traffic and incident management operations including MOT. (Preferred)
- Must be driven to achieve and take pride in work outcomes.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing environment and drive change and continuous improvement.
- Able to negotiate, coordinate and plan effectively.
- The candidate must possess strong problem solving and communication skills. A well organized, self-directed individual with strong leadership qualities.
- Possess the ability to manage and organize multiple priorities, maintain a significant customer focus and positive customer service attitude.
- This position requires highly developed problem solving and perceptive ability.
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Must be able to communicate safety requirements with employees.
- Must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the tasks.
- As a manager, you are required to lead by example; enforce co-workers and supervised employees to correctly use PPE; follow safety rules of conduct, take appropriate corrective actions, including the initiation of disciplinary action as necessary.
- Must be willing and able to pass Advanced MOT Training
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering or related degree; or degree can be substituted for equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in equivalent or similar Traffic Operations Management role;
- Trained and experienced in MOT, (Prefer)
- Trade and safety certifications/license (Prefer)
- High level computer skills, MS Office suite, including Excel, Word, Visio, Access, PowerPoint;
- Ability to process and analyze data and present in reports, programming skills would be highly regarded;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- An ability to liaise at all levels with the Client, Staff, and Subcontractors;
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in tasks and avoid loss, injury or accident;
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record essential.
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands
- Work Environment
- Office and Field Environment in heat and cold
- Minimal travel required
- 24/7 Operations-Occasional holidays, nights, weekends are required.
- Work over and around water
- Working from heights
- Working in tight spaces
- Working in traffic
- Physical requirement
- Some reaching, bending, squatting, walking
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
-July 22, 2021