CONSULTING PRACTICE MANAGER
- Rate TBD
- Location Kitchener, ON Canada
- Type of project General support, Sales & Marketing Fundraising/non profit, Organizing
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Kitchener ONTELECOMMUTE
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The incumbent has two primary responsibilities: managing our consulting resources; and developing and implementing the tools and resources that enhance our’s consulting practice.
Resource management is about ensuring all consulting staff resources are effectively assigned to ensure campaign wrap-up reports, ad-hoc data requests and consulting projects are completed on time and efficiently. The incumbent tracks all requests and ensures they’re prioritized and resourced appropriately. When there are resource constraints, the incumbent will find solutions by re-assigning work or re-prioritizing requirements.
Practice management is about developing and enhancing our consulting deliverables that efficiently creates optimal value to our clients, elevating their fundraising programs and capabilities. The incumbent is focused on equipping consultants, fundraising specialists, analysts, and project managers to effectively meet requirements by developing and standardizing the consulting process, tools and resources that’s informed by past learning and client needs.
Job Responsibilities: Practice Management
- Work with consultants and other stakeholders to standardize our consulting approach, including clearly defined clearly defined expectations for each stage within the consulting process.
- Work with consultants, analysts and data solutions to develop templates including reports, discussion guides, and data analysis tools.
- With consulting project debriefs, identify key learnings that will improve our consulting processes or available consulting toolset.
- Assist in establishing standard pricing options for the primary consulting products, informed by past project learnings.
- For non-standard consulting projects, assist in defining the approach, deliverables, and appropriate hours and effort; identifies if other inputs are required to complete the request.
Job responsibilities: Consulting Resource Management
- Optimize the utilization of consulting staff resources, including consulting analysts and consulting specialists to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on scope and within budget.
- Utilization is determined by consulting resource capacity, capability, client knowledge and experience.
- Ensure that daily priorities for staff team and any external freelancers are clear, and deliverables are on track.
- Ensure that internal customers are kept informed on the status of their projects/deliverables, alerting them if dates need to be shifted.
- Anticipate resourcing bottle necks and move work around to flatten workload.
- Develop a pool of external consulting resources to extend our’s consulting capacity and capabilities and manage them.
- Report on consulting resource utilization, tracking effort and staff use-rate.
Job responsibilities: Consulting Project Management
- Co-ordinate consulting projects, working with the lead consultant, develop project charter including resource assignment, project timelines, scope, approach and project hours.
- Chair project internal kickoff meeting, ensuring participants are clear on what they need to contribute; walkthrough the project charters.
- Manage client experience and expectations around key milestones and input requirements. Coordinate key milestone meetings with client.
- Ensure project is on time, each step completed and within budget.
- Manage project costs and consulting resource hours.
- Lead project debrief discussions, ensure actions taken to formally complete the project.
- If other inputs required, follows up with client or internal staff person who is responsible.
- If data is required from the client, assign responsibility to Business Analyst to create the request, receive it, and verify it’s in good order.
- Books internal review meetings with consultant/AM and book QA support if required.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably in an agency or fundraising environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Organized and able to keep track of processes
- Effective negotiator
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Confident participating in meetings
- Able to break down work effort into discrete tasks
- Highly motivated to meet expectations (deadlines, budgets etc.)
- Willing to learn, with the ability to synthesize information and apply to job requirements to continuously improve performance.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and able to effectively communicate details and requirements to others.
- This role will report to the Senior Director, Client Insights
-July 22, 2021