Senior Software Developer (Web & Cloud) REMOTE
- Rate TBD
- Location Calgary, AB Canada (From home)
- Type of project IT & Software, Writing/Translation Java, Translation: English, Website development
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience N/A
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Calgary ABTELECOMMUTE
Job Title: Senior Software Developer (Web & Cloud)
Job Location: USA/Canada (PST time zone preferred)
Fully remote (USA/Canada) or office in Lake Forecast, CA, USA
Employee or Contractor (US/Canada) is your choice.
Senior Software Developer (Web & Cloud)
As a team member of a world-class software product team, you will evolve in a highly collaborative environment to accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Actively contribute in a world-class software engineering team leveraging Lean / Agile software practices and methodologies
- Actively participate in evaluating system issues and failures, helping to determine root cause and establishing a resolution plan;
- Participate fully in software engineering activities including advanced design, refinement, planning, development, daily standups, retrospectives, backlog grooming, etc.;
- Demonstrate at all time a continuous improvement mindset to drive process, practices, communication and environmental improvements
- Constantly strive to innovate by creating elegant solutions to complex problems in a highly collaborative environment with peers, Product Management and Architecture teams;
- Personally, grow and evolve by leveraging available resources, trainings, peers and various learning activities
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with 5+ years of related experience in software development.
Have good experience in writing Microservices in C# / .NET Core
Have good experience in web development : Java script, HTML 5, Angular
Demonstrable practical understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming techniques.
Practical experience of Lean and/or Agile Software Development practices and methodologies.
Experience with built-in quality practices?such as Unit Testing, Test Driven Development and leveraging code-bulletproofing tools.
A practical understanding and experience with MS Windows, MS SQL Server and Active Directory.
Cloud related experience ( 2 Years Cloud development is preferrable) :
Experience with Azure DevOps
Microsoft Azure real project experience
Innovation and Creativity – to show a willingness to understand innovative ideas and to apply new insights to existing situations.
Oral Communication – express key aspects of information clearly and concisely in undefined contexts.
Results-oriented – orient activities and efforts toward achieving established tasks and functions while identifying and eliminating inefficiencies;
Self-motivation for learning – demonstrates interest in acquiring new knowledge and new concepts;
Good sense of responsibility
Must be fluent in English (spoken and written).
As part of our team, you'll build a strong career with a collaborative and highly knowledgeable team of people. We'll challenge you to think differently to achieve your goals.
-July 30, 2021