Lead Mechanical Engineer (Full Time)
- Rate Starting at $90k
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration Full time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment OtherOTHER
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Montreal QC
A leading clean energy technology company with projects in Oil & Gas, Chemical, HVAC, Military and Food grade applications since 1969 located in Lachine, is seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer (member of the OIQ), the ideal candidate would have proven experience Leading a team, competency with ASME codes (ASME Sec. VIII, B31.3, B31.1) equipment design using theories, engineering principles, experience, and technical knowledge. You also have strong solving and design skills and knowledge in manufacturing processes that follow all applicable regulations, industry, and company standards.
• Leadership and guidance of the engineering department by supervising time sensitive mechanical designs and schematics to meet delivery schedule.
• Designs and develops new process heating systems for production
• Validates final designs (OIQ Stamp) and technical calculations with sales team before production
• Liaises with clients, suppliers, contractors, and relevant authorities.
• Manages projects within cost and time constrained environments
• Writes and enforces procedures for certifying authorities such as CSA, UL, ASME.
• Produce technical specifications including strength calculations for heaters for production.
• Produce BOMs in our ERP System including the creation of part IDs for new components
• Maintain MRP (Material Resource Planning) for all aspects of the manufacturing process.
• Maintenance of Engineering Master Templates for ERP
• Work closely with other members of our Engineering team and other Departments.
• Work on special projects (R&Ds).
• Provide strong technical mentor ship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers, designers and support staff.
Member in good standing with the OIQ (mandatory).
5 years minimum of relevant experience in design and manufacture of process equipment: Vessels, piping, selection of pumps/components, valves, etc.
5 years of leadership skills of teams of 5 or more
Basic knowledge of electrical circuits.
Experience with ASME codes in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of Welding design per ASME codes.
Experience in 3D CAD modeling (SolidWorks).
Experience with AutoCAD 2D.
Experience in piping design an asset.
Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $90,000.00 per year
To apply, please forward resume to Victoria (at) Workhoppers (dot) com.
Do not contact company directly.
-October 22, 2021
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.